Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Buggy for a tall toddler

(4 Posts)
ariel3112 Sat 15-Feb-14 17:22:55

I need recommendations please...

DS2 is 2y3m, and tall. He's also a lovely hand-holder and great walker, but unfortunately I don't drive and we spend close to 2 hours every day taking DS1 to school on the bus. He still takes a long afternoon nap, right at school collection time, plus the roads are very busy so it's also a safety thing (and for speed and my own peace of mind),

So despite me thinking I'd get away with not replacing our trusty Bugaboo Bee (2009 small version), and DS2 would be walking full time by the time he grew out of it, it seems I am wrong. The problem is the hood. He is utterly squashed by it, and he won't tolerate it for long, and in this weather, it's making life a challenge.

I am hoping I'll only need a buggy for another 6 months-year, so I don't want to spend too much, however I don't want something flimsy either. It will be getting a lot of use because we walk everywhere. I need something with a hood/canopy/shade that goes well over his head (and it's annoying me that manufacturers don't seem to list the seat height). Also DS2 is no lightweight, he's already at if not over the 15kg limit on many...

He will be walking full-time soon, but not soon enough. I've already started putting him in disposable nappies rather than cloth in the hope they make him shorter in the seat...

4yoniD Sat 15-Feb-14 18:06:11

I have a cosatto swift lite and it has good head room. It is also a good jack-of-all-trades type buggy (currently been used for about 5 years for 2 children!). I'm currently looking for something super-small folding, and can't get my 2 year old into anything like the quinny yezz - her head is touching the hood - but there is still a good 10-15cm+ left on my cosatto. DD2 is 1m tall.

ariel3112 Sat 15-Feb-14 21:12:54

thanks smile I'm looking at a Baby Jogger City Mini on eBay right now ... very tempted, but I have never looked at one in a shop so really don't know how they handle or the size. DS2 isn't excessively tall, but he'd be approaching 1m. Size isn't really an issue other than for DS2's sake, but it needs to be easily foldable because of the buses.

4yoniD Sun 16-Feb-14 13:22:03

Couldn't say for definite but I've looked at the Baby Jogger City Minis before and they are fantastic, and I seem to remember them being fairly big.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now