Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Very Upright Pushchair

(11 Posts)
BB01 Fri 14-Feb-14 09:53:48

DD is 7 months and has never been keen on her pushchair or carseat. She's on medicine for silent reflux but, although it seems to have helped her discomfort after feeds, she still hates the pushchair. She squirms and looks v in uncomfortable. I don't use it much at the moment, partly for this reason, and rely on my two slings (which I love). However, I'd love the option to use the pushchair as well. I'm aware that our pushchair, the iCandy Cherry, doesn't sit up as well as other pushchairs, according to reviews. Just wondering whether it would be worth trying a more upright one or whether it's unlikely to make much difference. If so, any recommendations please for parent facing, lightweightish models? I'm really loathe to consider an alternative as the Cherry is generally great but getting desperate now!

Aldwick Fri 14-Feb-14 10:38:08

My mothercare my3 has quite an upright setting and you can normally get them quite cheap on e bay. Or what about a 'proper' pram that she could actually sit up in?

AliceMum09 Fri 14-Feb-14 12:50:58

Yes, I had a Mothercare MyChoice (there is a 3 or a 4 wheeled chassis you can have) and it was fairly upright. They don't sell them new in the shop any more though.

Again, it's no longer sold, but the Mamas and Papas Ultima I used to have went very upright. It came with either the MPX chassis (plastic, with plastic wheels and swivel front ones) or the Xcel chassis which was a more traditional sprung one with fixed tyres. It looks a bit old-fashioned now, but was much better in terms of comfort for the baby than most of the prams on sale today.

BB01 Fri 14-Feb-14 16:28:02

Thank you both of you! Will have a look at these options

dannydyerismydad Fri 14-Feb-14 16:33:42

The Bugaboos always look very upright.

BB01 Fri 14-Feb-14 19:30:58

Thanks DannyDyer

flouncymcflouncerson Sat 15-Feb-14 08:21:52

Our quinny zapp was very upright and I believe they do a zapp xtra which reclines as the zapp didn't.

Fouette Sat 15-Feb-14 08:30:05

The stokke is great for this. My reflux baby loved it.

BB01 Sat 15-Feb-14 13:56:08

Which Stokke was it, Fouette?

BB01 Sat 15-Feb-14 13:56:38

Thanks Flouncy, it does look v upright

Fouette Sat 15-Feb-14 21:01:01

The original Xplory.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now