Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Help! Which pram for living up a steep hill?

(4 Posts)
JoMcSurrey Tue 11-Feb-14 22:22:58

I'm due in May and need help, there's too much choice and I'm clueless! Any thoughts gratefully received for a good quality pram/travel system for up/downhill, around town and down the fairly narrow alleyway (with quite a tight corner!) at the back of our house.

theborrower Tue 18-Feb-14 17:09:05

My first thought was don't get a traditional pram/carrycot style as a friend who did said her baby kept sliding down the carrycot and she had to put a cereal box under her feet!

I've got a bugaboo bee, and in a city with lots of steep hills. It lies flat, can be parent facing, is relatively lightweight and baby is strapped in, so no cereal boxes needed. It is narrow, manoeuvres really well, and also ticks your box as a travel system as the car seat clips on top.

TimeIsAnIllusion Tue 18-Feb-14 17:43:50

Instep nipper 360 - or baby jogger summit x3.

MiaowTheCat Thu 20-Feb-14 13:13:23

Avoid anything heavy - speaking from bitter experience here - I sold at least two pushchairs on because of their weight and our stupid hills of doom.

Nipper is what I hung onto the longest in very similar circumstances (I had the double but if I was given the choice again I'd get the single in a heartbeat).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now