Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Do narrow double lightweight strollers exist?

(10 Posts)
PlinkyPlonker Tue 11-Feb-14 19:59:49

I currently have a Mountain buggy Duo. It's been great the past year and DC are now nearly 18m and 2.5yrs, youngest not yet walking.

I'd like to now move to a lightweight stroller that doesn't take up my whole car boot. I like being able to fit through normal doors with the MB. And i would like a double still because DS1 is prone to tantrums.

Does such a stroller exist? I've come across the Joovy caboose but i don't know if the toddler seat has straps and if a toddler could escape if they wanted to. Thanks for any suggestions

BikeRunSki Tue 11-Feb-14 20:02:02

M&P pulse twin

PlinkyPlonker Tue 11-Feb-14 20:08:08

Thanks, will go have a looksy on Google and eBay!

PlinkyPlonker Tue 11-Feb-14 23:30:56

Whoops i've been checking dimensions and it's a MB duet I've got which is 63cm wide. I'm looking for something as just as narrow, looks like the pulse twin is 10cm wider at 75cm. Anyone know of any other possible narrow options?

seb1 Tue 11-Feb-14 23:38:16

I have this one and find it ok buggy

seb1 Tue 11-Feb-14 23:40:43

Slightly narrower

K8eee Wed 12-Feb-14 08:35:01

It's not a cheap option but I have the icandy apple 2 pear and it's 60cm wide. Big problem for me has been trying to find one that fits in my tiny car and this just about does with the parcel shelf take out. John Lewis and I think other retailers have it at a special price still as it's icandy's anniversary

PlinkyPlonker Wed 12-Feb-14 12:02:29

I've got a kiddicare near me so am going to pop down to look at the Graco. It's a little wider than my current one bit it's 5kg lighter which my back would like!

I don't think the icandy would suit as I think they're just as heavy and large as the double I've got at the mo. Maybe I just keep my current one for another 6 months and go for a single + buggy board.

poocatcherchampion Wed 12-Feb-14 16:35:31

I was really tempted by that graco as a second for my now 2yo and 6mo. I decided didnt need another in the end and we are doing single plus sling/buggy board. otherwise I might well go for this - it isn't the most sturdy thing in the world but I reckon it looks up to the job and it is really light and easy to fold...

(I kinda want one again now... grin. )

poocatcherchampion Wed 12-Feb-14 16:37:14

oh the other one I looked at was the my child sienta.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now