Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Worth selling old buggy for parts? (brio go)

(13 Posts)
Suddengeekgirl Fri 03-Jan-14 15:45:44

I bought a brio go travel system in 2009 for ds. I loved it dearly.

Then the front wheel snapped clean off just before Christmas. sad

It's discontinued, no spare parts available anywhere online that I can find. Even phoned brio head office and emailed german and Scandinavian stockists but no luck.

Is it worth advertising it on eBay etc to sell the remaining parts? confused

suzie38 Fri 03-Jan-14 21:31:56

The Brio Go isn't discontinued though the 2013 model evidently is different in the front wheels so the Country wheels fit...I'm actually having issues with trying to get Brio Go parts fullstop...I ordered Country wheels through a UK branch of a German company...Still waiting 6 weeks so cancelled the order today...The German branch evidently has them in stock ready for immediate dispatch...Another German company i've bought from before has pulled off most of their Brio listings...All very strange...There was a company selling spare front wheels but i can't find them now.

suzie38 Fri 03-Jan-14 21:37:12

What color is your Go???

Suddengeekgirl Fri 03-Jan-14 21:44:18

It's a dark grey chassis and the seat/ pram bits are red.

I spoke to brio head office in the uk an they said it had been discontinued in 2013 and that there were no spare parts. I queried that the website still had them and she had to admit they should have taken them down ages ago! hmm

Do you have a brio go already? I loved ours and seeing it's broken self in the garage makes me sad

suzie38 Fri 03-Jan-14 21:52:38

Yes i've had mine almost 3 years...On the Brio site they have pictures of the new Brio Go colors plus the new Brio Go Next...I emailed to ask about the new wine color and was told early 2014 to go on sale...I only ask via the Brio website...The company i've been having issues with, have listed the Go 2014 (but not the new wine color) and still are on the German website.
www.brio.net/en/To_Go_Stroller/Prams_and_Pushchairs/Go_Next.aspx

I was buying the Country wheels to see if they'd work with my old model, if not i'd buy a 2013/14 model.

Suddengeekgirl Fri 03-Jan-14 22:02:21

I've used mine with ds and dd. She's now 2.5yo so I probably only really need a buggy for another 6-9months. So I got a cheap eBay second hand petit star zia. It's not bad really.

If I can't get spare bits or sell the remaining wheels it'll be off to the tip! shock sad

On the off chance you want some spare bits PM me. wink

suzie38 Fri 03-Jan-14 22:05:51

Okie dokie will do...I love mine and it's getting a different use these days...Plus i just can't let it Go grin

rebekah81 Fri 04-Apr-14 12:16:26

I know this is a long shot, but does any of you have the front wheel right side to the brio go, I've tried shipping one in and no one is helping x

rebekah81 Fri 04-Apr-14 12:18:25

Don't suppose you have a front left side wheel to the brio go spare do you x

rebekah81 Fri 04-Apr-14 12:23:09

If anyone has a spare part that I need if you can email myself at Luscious_lips1981@hotmail.co.uk
In desperate need xxx

rebekah81 Fri 04-Apr-14 12:24:21

I know this is a long shot, but does any of you have the front wheel right side to the brio go, I've tried shipping one in and no one is helping x

Suddengeekgirl Sun 13-Jul-14 11:09:34

Rebekah - I've emailed you! smile Was about to take ours to the tip! I have 2 big back wheels and a front wheel (not sure which as haven't been out to garage to check yet.)

tiffsandell Wed 10-Dec-14 09:40:14

I know this thread hasn't been used in a while.
Looking for spare part for 2011 brio go. Unfortunately the grey rings around the front swivel wheels broke (used to lock/unlock wheel) if anyone has an old chassi around would love to arrange something.
Photo attached to show what is broken.
email tiffsandell@gmail.com if you can help . thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now