Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Update on what new TFK Joggster Twist is like

(4 Posts)
Sleepstarved Thu 27-Jun-13 08:52:35

I've had this buggy a few months now and thought I'd update you about how it is working.
It is fab as an off road single buggy. It glides along (don't let go of it) and the main seat is massive, goes flat and the foot rest can be lifted so even my very tall two year old sleeps well in it.
Basket is good size. It is heavy to lift in and out of the car and fairly big still when folded.

I have also got the Multi-X carrycot with it which later converts into a smaller seat. Its easy to use on its own but I have it with the buddy seat for the toddler. You need another set of adapters for this.
With carrycot and buddy seat you need another new set of adapters (to push carrycot forward to give child in back more room).
There is enough room for toddler in back seat but is better if you lift the head end of the carrycot so baby is lying on an slant - it gives toddler more head room. There is less room with carrycot facing you.

Toddler has slept in the back seat so it must be comfy enough.
You could have two quit large toddlers in it, if you had the main seat on and the buddy seat, but the main seat would not be able to go flat.

The carrycot is ok but I've found its not perfectly flat and the head and foot end are slightly raised so its a bit u shaped, only every so slightly though.
The carycot also has solid bars on the bottom so it can be put on the ground. It is very easy to get on and off the buggy, no trying to press two stiff buttons and lift at the same time.

The most annoying thing for me though is the car seat. You need a set of adapters (that stay on the car seat) for it which is fair enough. But once you have the Multi-X adapters or the buddy seat and Multi-X adapters and you can't put the car seat on. So that short dash from car into nursery is a pain - I am just carrying car seat.

I still like it but the car seat thing is a real pain with a tiny one.

Tiggywunkle Fri 28-Jun-13 01:47:10

Glad you like it. I think the Joggster Twist is a fabulous pushchair and one which should be talked about more. The seat as you say is massive - I supect its the biggest seat I have seen on a pushchair, and the level of luxury is great.
Its annoying about the car seat though.

jenners10 Tue 18-Feb-14 18:27:16

Does anyone know if you can use the maxi cosi car seat for a newborn/ under 6 month old + buddyseat for 2 yr old together? And has anyone had trouble with a little one in the buddyseat putting their hands on the back wheels? Any other opinions of this buggy?

Tiggywunkle Wed 19-Feb-14 22:31:49

Yes, my LO kept putting his hands on the back wheels. He didn't understand not to though, so it depends on whether you think you can train your toddler up not to do it or not. For me it wasn't worth the risks and I sold mine straight away. I loved the main pushchair though and I would have another.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now