Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Parent facing, foldable in one piece pushchair

(15 Posts)
Herhonesty Sat 25-May-13 08:13:29

Looking for something more throw in the car-able than my travel system. So far looking at
Bugaboo bee
Stokke scoot
Quincy zapp extra
Petite zia bubble

.... Any other recommendations or any reviews of the above?

bootsycollins Sat 25-May-13 08:14:32

Uppababy Vista

Ihateparties Sat 25-May-13 09:10:09

The bee and scoot fold in one piece, tiggy says the scoot is a better fold but it's fairly heavy and the seat is more compromised than the bee.

I like the idea of the bubble, it looks kind of odd from the front when using parent facing due to the fact there are basically two seats and harnesses one front, one back and you just move the backrest. It's simple and portable though imo.

The jane muum fulfills your criteria too (kiddicare have 15% off this weekend) as does the bj versa but that's heavier and I suspect not quite what you're after.

To my knowledge the quinny zapp xtra doesn't currently fold with the seat on at all.. but there is/was a new one coming out that does, i didn't think it was here yet but you could be right. Also when parent facing the seat doesn't go fully upright, the seat is semi reclined.

The easywalker june folds both ways. The vista only folds in one with the seat ff. It's also unlikely to be more compact than your travel system.

The babystyle oyster is also a one piece fold but it's a reasonable size when folded parent facing.

TwitchyTail Sat 25-May-13 09:34:01

I love my Bee Plus smile I use it parent facing and find it pretty easy to fold in one piece - not the easiest in the world but I can do it in 10 seconds flat now (hood down, seat up, press fold buttons and done). I use a generic footmuff as I'd read on here it was difficult to fold parent-facing with the Bugaboo footmuff - mine is no problem.

It is like a toy pram, which may or may not appeal to you. It is VERY lightweight, which I love as it's so easy to manage (but you have to hold tight in strong winds!), VERY low (good for me as I'm short, possibly less so for tall people, though handle is extendable so no issue there), and tiny although the seat is actually large so should last well. I can see why people find it flimsy, and it's not good or intended for off-road, but I adore it.

Plus it's pretty grin

CruCru Sat 25-May-13 09:55:13

Uppababy Vista can be folded very easily but the seat needs to face outwards.

CruCru Sat 25-May-13 09:55:54

A friend has the Bee and is very pleased with it.

chocolatemartini Sat 25-May-13 15:57:29

I'd vote for the bee. The scoot folds well but yes, it's heavy and I'd say the bee handles better. My scoot used to get stuck on stuff usually in the road with cars coming towards me. I haven't had a bee but have used friends' bees. I don't know how easy they are to fold.

peanutMD Sat 25-May-13 18:02:04

Jane Solo Reverse

alienbanana Sat 25-May-13 18:03:35

Does the oyster fold with the seat parent facing?

yawningbear Sat 25-May-13 18:11:51

I had a Bee from 2008 until just a couple of months ago, two kids and it flew around the world & back with us and I got half the cost back when I sold it. Would definitely recommend it, really light and lovely to push. Really easy to push once you get the hang of it. No idea about any of the others though so can't compare.

poocatcherchampion Sat 25-May-13 19:22:43

yes the oyster does fold parent facing but its long that way and a bit bulky. I've never had it the other way yet at 15mo one day I'm going to have a real treat with a tiny fold! grin

Pobblewhohasnotoes Sat 25-May-13 21:03:49

I've got a Bee, it folds parent and rear facing with no problems and it's lightweight.

Tiggywunkle Sat 25-May-13 22:49:52

What age is your child?

I think if you have a Scoot and Bee on your list then I would definitely leave the Bubble and Zapp Xtra behind. If you have a young child then the Bee is better because it gives them some leg support (if you pull the seat right out) and also a choice of recline positions. If you have a non napping older child then the Scoot is good to use, but heavier than it looks.

I have to say, I have had this dilemma and I am torn now between a Versa, Scoot, Easywalker MINI and the Bee (which I have a love hate relationship with but its just so light).

Yes Alien the Oyster can fold with the seat parent facing but the fold is longer.

TeaandCake Sat 25-May-13 22:58:56

I Candy Strawberry?

Herhonesty Sun 26-May-13 21:05:25

She will be just coming up to 4 months when we start using it, so just into a seat really. It's for a holiday. Instinctively I'm pulled towards the bee but wary of reviews which say its really only ok for urban terrain. Love the easy walker but not the price...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now