Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

parasol for graco evo pushchair/pram

(6 Posts)
elsabel Mon 13-May-13 20:57:38

Just need advice really. Im looking for a black parasol for my graco evo pushchair/pram. The mothercare 'universal' ones doesnt fit properly, and ive seen the graco parasols on kiddicare and various other websites at as little as £7.50, but was wondering if these are any good for the evo or if anyone had better experiences with anything different?

Any reviews or advice would be helpful, thanks!

Tiggywunkle Tue 14-May-13 22:07:24

I wouldnt get a parasol at all. Look for a sun cover type - at least you dont need to move them everytime you turn a corner!

Tiggywunkle Tue 14-May-13 22:07:58

I dont know why I put "type" in above it makes no sense! I mean like a raincover, but a sun cover!

elsabel Tue 14-May-13 22:37:16

You mean like the canopys you can get? Did look at them but wondered if theyre suitable as they dont protect against uv rays like the parasols do.

Tiggywunkle Tue 14-May-13 22:49:16

I think some do. But a parasol to be frank is useless unless you are sat in one spot and even then you have to choose which bit of your LO to cover - the head, tummy or the feet and if you choose the head, then what do you put over the feet? The sun moves, so you have to constantly adjust. The wind blows them (sometimes off) and if you are walking then every time you turn a corner then you have to readjust. To be honest I would rather a) research everywhere to find a canopy with UV ray protection - there must be one? Start at JoJo Maman Bebe, or look at the iCandy Palm or Shade a Babe and b) if not use any which isnt UV protected because I bet all your child isn't covered all the time with a parasol! Useless things! The old Silver Cross canopies were great!

elsabel Tue 14-May-13 22:57:41

Thankyou for your advice, will keep researching smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now