Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Icandy apple2pear / peach 2 blossom

(13 Posts)
Sophialeroy1 Mon 13-May-13 14:57:22

Hiya I was wondering if anyone could help me with my current dilemma, I was looking at the above two pushchair by icandy with the intention of first using it single mode then when the time comes, as a double. The problem I seem to have is the neither pushchair is suitable for a newborn without carrycot, but neither pushchair can re use the same carrycot for double mode. I.e the peach 2 needs a blossom carrycot which is slightly smaller and costs around 180. then the apple to pear pushchair uses a baby nest which again costs around 90. So on top of the conversion kits, to make either pushchair suitable for a newborn, one of the fore mentioned carrycot/baby nest would also be needed.
I was wondering if anyone knew of a way around this besides using a car seat, as it seems really pointless to spend so much on a single mode carrycot that then becomes useless after the first few months as it cannot be used in double mode.

Sorry for the long post x

Ihateparties Mon 13-May-13 15:02:51

the blossom carrycot and babynest fit in single mode

ICandy are incredibly frustrating about this imo, you are basically stuck with purchasing the single carrycot AND then the double kit ones or using the car seat. Personally I think it does them no favours at all to be so inflexible but meh, that's how it is atm I suppose.

Sophialeroy1 Mon 13-May-13 19:29:47

It's ridiculous I thought I'd made my mind up with the apple to pear but I refuse to pay twice for the same thing, so it's back to the drawing board I guess, thinking of going with a BJCM double gt, but it just dosen't look that comfy for a newborn and I'm not to sure about the soft carrycot!

Ihateparties Mon 13-May-13 19:33:43

the babynest fits in single mode, you just need to buy one babynest as oppose to the main carrycot I wouldn't pay twice either... I would cheat. I'm not recommending it but I would.

Sophialeroy1 Mon 13-May-13 19:49:50

Many thanks wink

Sophialeroy1 Mon 13-May-13 19:51:39

May I ask, is it a pushchair you would use for a 2yr old and a newborn?

Ihateparties Mon 13-May-13 20:00:00

TIggywunkle has one on test at the moment, from what she has said I believe so. It's very light to push, easy to fold, simple to use etc. As I understand it the peach is possibly a little more flexible when it comes to seating an older, larger child because the hoods slide up the seat frame where the apple2pear ones don't.

The bjcmgt is also a great option, the compact carrycot looks okay to me if a bit narrow. I have the single gt at the moment and it is lovely to push and use.

Sophialeroy1 Mon 13-May-13 20:15:03

Once again many thx for your reply, I do love the peach but the would definitely mean buying two carrycots as I plan to complete our family with a third and final edition within two years (well that's the plan anyway, I'm still baking number 2 at the moment) shock. Considering I've already brought one pushchair in the last two years, I think my next purchase has to be the 'one'.

BiteTheTopsOffIcedGems Mon 13-May-13 20:17:47

Have you considered the Oyster Max Double?

Sophialeroy1 Mon 13-May-13 20:27:50

I saw one at the baby show and thought it looked quite smart but it seems to get mixed reveiws, so I was a little put off!

Ihateparties Mon 13-May-13 20:30:46

The peach would also be fine with the one blossom carrycot grin

I had 3 babies in 4 years... <shudder> the effects are very much still felt in our house

Tiggywunkle Tue 14-May-13 22:32:52

Both the Peach Blossom 2 and the Apple 2 Pear are superb tandems. Both really stand out for me because they are both light to push but also offer two good reclining seats for a toddler and a baby to nap comfortably.

I also love the Oyster Max, but I think the Oyster Max for me is better for a bigger age gap ie a 2 and a half year old / rising 3 year old and newborn where the eldest child doesn't nap - one seat has a full recline, the other a partial recline. The front seat of the Oyster Max has excellent leg length.

All three of these are excellent.

Sophialeroy1 Wed 15-May-13 06:30:45

Thanks I think I'm going to go to my local baby shop and give the the three of them a try, plus see how much they cost as I know the peach is quite pricey and the oyster max is the cheapest. I really appreciate the advise as I'm a bit if a flake when it comes to making decisions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now