Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Double Shopping Tomorrow

(4 Posts)
ComradeJing Mon 13-May-13 14:02:27

Me again (it's late here and I'm trying to stay awake whilst feeding Ds)

Tomorrow I'm off shopping for the double. I think I'm down to:

Icandy peach 2
Oyster max (will have to be bought on eBay and shipped over so purchased unseen)
Mountain buggy duet
Phil and teds navigator or dot.

Thoughts?

I have dd (2.5 and 14kg) and Ds (6m and 9+kg), walk everywhere, take trains with a large platform/station gap twice a week) and live at the bottom of a bastard hill with lots of uneven pavements and high kerbs. Doesn't need to fit in a car or be closed up.

Which would you pick in my shoes?

fairimum Mon 13-May-13 14:46:12

If DD doesn't nap in the buggy/need a recline, I would look at the Uppababy Vista with rumble seat too x

Tiggywunkle Tue 14-May-13 23:00:02

I think "Does your 2.5 year old nap" is the critical question. Maybe combined with "Do you ever want another child?"

If DD doesnt nap then I would get the Oyster Max or the PB2. But I would rather you didnt buy unseen.....I think you need to be 100% sure about what the Oyster Max does, the limitations, quality etc etc before buying. Its a great choice for an older toddler and baby, you just need to be sure of what you are buying because theres more options than the PB2. PM me if you want.
The Vista with Rumble seat is a good option however the weight limit of quickly creeps up on you and I wouldn't trust it with any more.

ComradeJing Thu 16-May-13 05:32:15

Thanks Tiggy, I'll take you up on the offer of a PM!

DD rarely naps now. Sometimes but not often (a handful of times a month) and rarely in the pram unless she is exhausted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now