Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

buggy security

(7 Posts)
LadyAlex Sat 11-May-13 11:01:25

I have been looking for buggy locks online having just pre ordered a bj summit x3. I thought most of them looked a bit flimsy then I saw Kryptonite cable. It's a plastic coated cable with loops for a padlock. I ordered a 4ft one but they also do a 7ft which is thicker too.

It's arrived today and its really substantial! I'm going to use a code lock with it so no key required.
It was competitively priced with pram locks, maybe a tad more but very robust in comparrison. It would stop an equipped theif but is certainly good for opportunistic theft prevention.

I purchased from amazon. Hope can be useful to someone!

LadyAlex Sat 11-May-13 11:59:28

Wouldn't stop an equipped thief that should say!

TwitchyTail Sat 11-May-13 13:24:03

Where do you have to leave buggies unattended? I'm just curious, I'm new to using them and haven't had to leave them anywhere yet (and wouldn't dare with the obscene cost of them).

tomatoplantproject Sat 11-May-13 13:26:57

To be honest so far I haven't left my buggy unattended in 6 months. I bought a buggy lock and the only thing it is good for is carrying an extra bag of shopping, ad occasionally I will clip my bag handle to it to stop someone reaching in and nabbing my bag.

LadyAlex Sat 11-May-13 14:32:13

Outside our Gp surgery, at school if I go in for a parent info session, baby clinic, maybe when away in our caravan, the park and for £10 its a peace of mind to put in the basket of a pushchair. I also have an emmaljunga so about 800.00 of pushchairs to consider.
Personally it was worth it but it won't be for everyone.

TwitchyTail Sat 11-May-13 15:06:49

Thanks LadyAlex, that's useful to know. I think it would deter someone from sauntering off with it as if it was their own, which is probably more common than organised theft. Might get one for myself.

MiaowTheCat Sat 11-May-13 17:04:54

I've got a little retractable cable one - it would never stop a determined thief but hopefully would be enough of a "piss off and nick something else" signal. Rarely use it though - only real place would be the children's centre and since their buggy park's a good bit away from the door and I can't do it with two kids - I take it into the building with their agreement.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now