Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Whats the best pushchair for a long legged 3 year old ?

(7 Posts)
frumpet Thu 02-May-13 13:58:11

Looking for something to use occasionally , so will probably be buying secondhand as won't need it for much longer . DS seems to be tall for his age and looks scrumpled up in a lot of pushchairs , i have had a phil and teds , a mountain buggy urban and currently have a maclaren . Any suggestions ?

BikeRunSki Thu 02-May-13 14:02:06

Baby Jogger City Mini.

Fitted my tall DS to nearly 4, but so did my P&T Sport, so if your P&T is too small a BJCM might be too.

frumpet Thu 02-May-13 14:17:14

I had the old P&T e3 , so not sure if the sport is any bigger , will have a look at the bjcm , is it nice to push ?

Pootles2010 Thu 02-May-13 15:02:05

Ah see my ds (not even three till July) is already getting a bit long for his bjcm, definitly too long for the cosy toes!

Otherwise it's a brilliant buggy, but if they don't fit...

Tiggywunkle Thu 02-May-13 18:29:05

The Baby Jogger City Mini GT. I was writing measurements out for a MNter earlier and that has one of the longest knee to footrest measurements. The footrest is deeper and wider and longer than the BJCM and is worth the extra for a bigger child. Even better is the TFK Joggster Twist. The seat is enormous and will swallow even a tall toddler up easily smile

MiaowTheCat Thu 02-May-13 20:09:53

Aaah Pootles - DD1 is only just 1 year and hasn't got much room left in the P+T cosy toes, and our bright and cheerful Mothercare one's looking dicey too... she's gonna have cold feet next winter - especially if the little terror keeps yanking her socks off at every opportunity!

Tiggywunkle Sun 05-May-13 22:36:18

To be honest, a child may look like they are too long / dont fit at 12 months old, but believe me 2 years later, they will still fit. Knees start to bend, feet sit better on the footrest and a good footmuff eg a Buggysnuggle has enough baggy-ness to accommodate bent knees - and even open at the bottom for muddy feet. P&Ts footmuffs are small.

Try Sock-ons for sock removers!! Expensive but worth it. In fact if you want a pair, PM me because I had a couple of pairs in my hand the other day and I was wondering what to do with them. One pair was new on the card.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now