Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

I'd be daft to get a new buggy now? Right??

(14 Posts)
flootshoot Thu 02-May-13 13:55:01

DD was 2 in March and she's quite a 'young' two IYKWIM. She's tiny for her age, has no road sense whatsoever (i'm sure DS was a bit more reliable at this age), plus I don't drive - as such we use the buggy a lot still. She's been in a cheapy umbrella fold since about 6 months old which has suited me fine - it works for all the short hops I do, and fits nicely on the bus.

She's started to do the shorter journies on foot and I only use the buggy for 'proper' walks now, I never take it on the bus anymore. DS is 4 and can walk a bit bit further than last summer and I'm starting to think it would be nice to get something a bit more 'off road' to cart a larger toddler and all the toot we use in the summer around. DS is also starting school in Sept - we're moving house at present and I'm going to have to apply late to schools in the new town - we could end up with a fairly long walk to school, another reason I'd like a sturdier buggy.

This all sounds perfectly reasonable but I have been through a few buggies - perhaps 8 for the two children, including two doubles and DH is going to be like this hmm. I'm not planning to spend a lot, rather am hoping to trawl the charity shops this weekend while DH is away and grab a bargain. Anyway - is this madness, or would you get a new one in this situation? Any brands to avoid?

Tiggywunkle Thu 02-May-13 18:33:29

No, buy yourself a new pushchair and enjoy it smile

flootshoot Thu 02-May-13 18:36:31

Tiggywunkle you terrible influence grin

MiaowTheCat Thu 02-May-13 20:11:37

You're asking in a forum full of known pushchair addicts if you should buy a new pushchair? You just want permission don't you?!

Of course you should!

flootshoot Thu 02-May-13 20:17:42

Rumbled grin

Dirtymistress Thu 02-May-13 20:23:50

Get a mountain buggy off eBay! My double is like a tank but I can push it one handed up hills, over anything off road with a 33lb toddler and his newborn brother in! I don't even care that it doesn't fit through my door!

I had 14 within 3 years for dd i say buy grin

Ds is 18 months and has had 6, dd2 hasn't arrived yet but has her prsm and the double and the sling pkus ds buggies to choose from

So yes, buy and be glad grin

I honestly can spell sometimes

flootshoot Thu 02-May-13 21:10:09

Mountain buggies are £££s though :-(

If I'm going to get this past DH I need to find something bargainous lurking in the local charity shops/cash converters

cathpip Thu 02-May-13 21:22:33

Not the older style ones (which are bettersmile), I have two older style doubles and they cost me £70 each!!

katvond13 Thu 02-May-13 21:30:01

cathpip dirty mistress, how does it fold? I need a double and hearing good things about the mountain buggy but need one that folds down quite small.

nowgotosleep Thu 02-May-13 22:42:49

Have a look on eBay, searching by nearest first, you may get a local pickup bargain! I'd recommend a baby jogger city elite, I use mine daily for almost 2 yo DD. Loads of room for her, the seat is huge plus it's super easy to push and steer one handed when she fancies a bit of a walk! And loads of clever storage for lugging summer stuff around! grin

Dirtymistress Fri 03-May-13 03:35:28

It doesn't fold small at all kat. Honestly when we got it off eBay (£100 for double) and I was still pregnant I hated it cos it's enormous. But both newborn and toddler are so comfy in it and it is an absolute dream to push, unlike my city mini singlesad there was a single mb on eBay last week that went for less than £40grin

bangersmashandbeans Fri 03-May-13 03:58:48

I was looking on gumtree the other day and there were a fair few decent double buggies on there so might be worth a look?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now