Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Scaling down from a double to a single - which buggy to choose?!

(7 Posts)
LazyDoll Wed 01-May-13 20:25:38

Hi,

I am looking to replace my original 6 year old Loola and 2 year old double Nipper 360 with one single buggy. I am just in the process of stopping using my double buggy and currently use a very battered old fourth hand (?) Nipper 360 single buggy (with a static front wheel) for the school run and the Loola for out and about in shops.

The static wheel is very awkward on the Nipper and is the main reason I am looking to buy a new buggy. Otherwise I would probably stick with this one for the next couple of years! The Loola is still going strong but awkward as needs to be 2 handed push and is quite heavy/unnecessarily bulky for the shops etc now my DS is a little sturdier.

My DS3 who will be using it is 19 months old. It will be used for the school run (40mins x 2 daily) and also holidays/walks (I plan to get a cheap stroller for popping to the shops).

I need to be able to push one handed as have DS5 and DS3 to grab hold of also. Need basket/hanging space for school bags and paraphernalia. Decent tyres as live in a village with limited pavements and go over grass etc.

I am thinking of just updating to a new Nipper 360 single with the rotating front wheel but wondered if you experts had any advice?

It will be my seventh and final buggy and I hope to go out with a bang!

Thanks for your help in advance!

Ihateparties Wed 01-May-13 20:46:20

Lol.. at the going out with a bang in particular.

Nipper 360, baby jogger city mini gt or elite or summit i suppose depending on how far you want to go with the off road capabilities.

I have a cmgt currently and it's an excellent pushchair, doesn't particularly suit me but I can see how good it is from the point of view of a logical person (which apparently is no longer me)

LazyDoll Wed 01-May-13 20:54:29

Thanks ihateparties!
I won't be doing any major off-roading but do like to have the freedom to bash the buggy about without being too precious with it. I need to keep up with my other 2 DS's so fields, footpaths, woods all possibilities but for proper off-roading I have the back carrier and would probably just use that. I will check out the cmgt and the others you mentioned now. Thanks flowers

Ihateparties Wed 01-May-13 21:00:11

An updated nipper will do you no wrong I feel. The cmgt has forever air tyres so no punctures but I think less cushy. They don't have any rear suspension either.

I'm teetering personally, I knew when I got the gt it wasn't my ideal but was just a solid, strong, consistently good pushchair. My sensible head seems to have disappeared though :-/

LazyDoll Wed 01-May-13 21:03:55

The puncture issue is one that has annoyed me at times with the double Nipper. Pushing 5 stone of DS's up a hill whilst holding up one side of the buggy is not particulary fun! I may just Tyre Slime from the get go. I think I would probably be looking at the Summit or at least the Elite to get comparable bashability to the Nipper and for the price think the NNew style Nipper the safer bet (2 year lifespan til DS3 out of buggies for good)

LazyDoll Thu 02-May-13 15:00:33

Anyone else before I buy the Nipper single?! smile

Tiggywunkle Thu 02-May-13 18:32:19

If you like the Nipper then stick with it. You can't go far wrong with it except I will warn that the access to the new V2 basket is difficult so may not be the easiest to sling bags underneath. The Urban Jungle is lovely too, as is the Baby Jogger range eg Elite, Summit, BJCMGT. These probably have better storage space.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now