Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Do I need a pushchair?

(7 Posts)
IdaClair Wed 01-May-13 13:27:58

And if I do what do I need, and where do I get it from?

At the moment I don't have one, but I need some kind of chair for my DD when we go to our allotment, so she can sit and watch us (that's the plan anyway, whether she will is another thing I suppose) We have to get over a lot of rough ground and mud to get there, I don't really want to have to push it over all that, so I would need something that I can fold up and carry, is there anything like that?

I really don't want to spend a lot, I'm thinking second hand if possible. I can't think of another time when I would use it to make it worth spending much cash. When do you use yours? I don't have anywhere to store it either, so it would need to be small.

Is it a pushchair I need or is there some other kind of baby chair I haven't thought of?

LadyMetroland Wed 01-May-13 13:37:01

You need a lightweight Maclaren like the Triumph.
Tough as anything and the umbrella style have a strap so it can be folded and carried over shoulder.
Ebay should have loads around 30-40 quid mark.

Ihateparties Wed 01-May-13 13:56:32

Are you looking for a newborn or older child?

GibberTheMonkey Wed 01-May-13 14:05:50

I wouldn't bother if you dont normally use one. I used to cycle to the allotment with dc4 in a trailer. Once there he would lie or sit on a blanket (baby) or in my back in a sling. Or potter around and play with bits as he got older.

TwitchyTail Wed 01-May-13 14:27:18

How about a child's folding beach or camping chair? You can get them for under £10 on Amazon. If you aren't going to push it anywhere it seems a waste to spend a lot on a pushchair smile This off the top of my head: www.amazon.co.uk/Vango-Little-Venice-Camping-Chair/dp/B0061JMX6S/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1367414537&sr=8-10&keywords=child%27s+camping+chair

IdaClair Wed 01-May-13 17:08:56

DD is 8mo, so wouldn't sit in a little chair without tethering and won't lie on a blanket. She is fine with sling the rest of the time but hates staying still and all the bending for digging etc. We go daily so having her scream the whole time isn't very easy at the moment! I was wondering if I was missing a trick.

Tiggywunkle Wed 01-May-13 23:18:05

No, not really. I have a similar issue and have looked at the Stokke seats with legs which turned out to be the best option. I looked also at the Prince Lionheart seat which is pretty good. Plus the Concord Lima seat but my DC toppled that one. We have a pop up playpen which does work, but a pushchair is really the best bet TBH.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now