Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

How important is..

(10 Posts)
MrsKSeveride Tue 30-Apr-13 10:57:21

An extendible handle on a pushchair? I think I have found the pram that I want, it's a great deal with everything I was looking for, but the handle isn't adjustable.
I'm single so while my family may use the pram I will be the primary user so don't really have to worry about a tall partner using it.

Any insights?

KatAndKit Tue 30-Apr-13 10:59:59

Mine isn't extendable and my DP is 6ft3 and he finds it fine to push so I imagine your family members would be the same. get one where you find the handle comfortable as you are the one who will be using it. What pushchair is it out of interest?

Ihateparties Tue 30-Apr-13 11:01:29

I don't care, short or tall i use anything... but i'm medium height 5'8" and not too worried about adjusting my stride slightly if a handle is low so closer to the pushchair iyswim.

I like the feel of a fixed handle too if i'm honest.

I know others for whom the right handle height is essential. If it works for you, then i wouldn't worry too much about occasional users.

MrsKSeveride Tue 30-Apr-13 11:03:46

It's the V.I.B Infinity. Its Glasgow Pram Centres own make, I love it. And at £399 for everything (car seat, changing bag, cosy toes etc) it's on a really good deal just now.
Thanks, just wasn't sure if I should be more worried about it.

Figgygal Tue 30-Apr-13 11:05:38

Mine isn't I am 5'10 never been a problem before. I have a baby jogger city mini excellent pushchair I do think!!

MrsKSeveride Tue 30-Apr-13 11:08:13

I thought it was quite uncommon for the handle not to adjust (first timer) so that's why I thought to ask. Appears not be. Thanks ladies, it was the only thing stopping be from buying.

MiaowTheCat Tue 30-Apr-13 11:08:28

My husband is 6 foot 7 and has never told me he views one as essential, he thinks one that rotates to adjust is handy but he can cope without even that(and he's one who whines about anything that remotely makes his life uncomfortable)

KatAndKit Tue 30-Apr-13 11:11:22

Just looked it up - seems like a great deal to me and I like the look of the pram - similar looks to icandy but fraction of the price. Do check the obvious stuff like will it fit in your car though!

MrsKSeveride Tue 30-Apr-13 11:18:04

I thought that about the Icandy as well! Have a had a go at the store and it folds pretty small and does fit in the car :D

So joys, I think I may have found my pram!

Tiggywunkle Wed 01-May-13 01:20:49

I find the right handle height essential for me. I can't push a pushchair where the handle is too low. I can manage a higher handle better, but it does irk me if its not right and I can constantly play with an adjustable handle which isn't quite right!
But, some of the best handles I have had have also been non adjustable. So it does depend really on how high the handle is, and how tall you are. You wont find out properly how it suits you though until you do a good walk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now