Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Best off-road?

(10 Posts)
Muggle1978 Mon 29-Apr-13 09:52:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

forevergreek Mon 29-Apr-13 10:04:14

A nipper v2. It comes without a carrycot as suitable from newborn ( but you can add one ). If you use without then you could swap baby into a sling and 3 year old in if needed.

It's a 3 wheeler, about £300, suspension for off road. Will fit about a 5 year old in if needed. I think it also takes a buggy board

3MenAndMe Mon 29-Apr-13 10:16:52

New Maxi Cosi Mura Plus looks really cool and comfy,it has pumped wheels and huge sun canopy (unlike old model).I think the seat is reversible and lie flat...The price is about £250-300,depends of the retailer.
I was really tempted to get it but bought Emmaljunga( roomy carrycot and great suspension won....)
Good luck...

Muggle1978 Mon 29-Apr-13 10:32:26

forevergreek Mon 29-Apr-13 10:38:25

I think the nipper v3 ( new version) is out soon also ( not sure off the differences)

If you don't need the iCandy really then I would say swap as it will a) save space b) you might get more than you paid for it c) you can use that money to buy nipper

Muggle1978 Mon 29-Apr-13 10:43:12

forevergreek Mon 29-Apr-13 13:15:00

Yes I'm not sure on folding size so you would have to check. But Iv used the double a few times through friends and it literally pushes with one finger! So I'm assuming the single is even easier

Ihateparties Mon 29-Apr-13 13:48:18

The nipper is a great pushchair but don't expect it to be compact, it isn't. Off road and good on terrain pushchairs don't tend to be. I'm not sure but i suspect your apple will be quite a lot shorter and also a couple of cm narrower.

A baby jogger city mini gt will fold smaller and appears smaller but in reality it is neither short nor narrow. The mountain buggy swift is another contender, slightly more compact but not by very much. All take over 15kg and are from birth or have carrycot option if wanted.

Muggle1978 Mon 29-Apr-13 15:59:28

Tiggywunkle Wed 01-May-13 01:44:53

The Nipper is a similar size to the Apple when folded. I have both here and if you bear in mind that the Apple has 4 wheels and thus is more rectangular in shape folded, the length and width I bet arent much different.

I dont know if money is any object but the Peach Jogger may well suit you. The fold is much smaller than the Apple - it will fit into a Mini boot, and your eldest would easily still fit into the seat, with good footrest length, plus it gives you a lovely pushchair for a newborn. However you may need to consider using a wedge instead of a carrycot for the newborn phase, if you want to be able to swap the children around.

Otherwise look at the Baby Joggers eg the BJCMGT and Versa. The folds are pretty small. They lean inconspiciously against my walls and with the seat off the Versa, and the wheels off the BJCMGT, you wouldnt know you had them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now