Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. We've spent weeks researching and testing pushchairs and buggies in real homes with real families. Read our buggy and pushchair reviews to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

B-dual - interested to see how people would set it up for this combo

(9 Posts)
MiaowTheCat Wed 24-Apr-13 08:03:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ihateparties Wed 24-Apr-13 10:58:49

Any particular reason you need the adaptors on? I would leave those off because of the weight distribution, esp with children of these ages.

I probably wouldn't see their physical size as that much of an issue here, rather whether your elder child is in the pushchair all of the time, most of the time or only part of the time?

If all or most of the time then I probably would keep the baby down the bottom and 1yo up top too because of the wheel guards and because she is probably more in need of the increased view.

When I had one with just a 2yo and newborn the elder one was on top, the baby down below. I don't have a b dual anymore but the principle is the same, now the older one walks 80% of the time the lower seat is hers.

If your elder one walks much of the time (possibly a bit young but no assumptions are they're all different) it often makes more sense to have them in the lower seat. That way the baby isn't stuck down there with a restricted view when the top seat is empty. This tends to happen organically over time anyway really smile

There's nothing wrong with a bit of swapping the configurations anyway, maybe you will just find different ones work for you for different journeys?

Tiggywunkle Wed 24-Apr-13 23:56:00

I agree with parties. I would remove the seat adaptors and put the seat back in the central position. I would suggest the baby in the soft cot underneath with the toddler on top, really is the best configuration.

MiaowTheCat Thu 25-Apr-13 09:42:46

Ihateparties Thu 25-Apr-13 13:06:27

As your baby is still small you could use something else in the lower seat? I had the opposite problem, I didn't have the soft cot and 3m old dd2s legs hung over the end of the seat annoyingly.

The world of tandems is a world of compromise often smile

MiaowTheCat Thu 25-Apr-13 13:57:23

Ihateparties Thu 25-Apr-13 16:36:23

grin if you don't often fold it some hamster bags might help, or those net ones you put on the side of the frame.

I'm the person who is lucky if they have a nappy, some wipes and solitary tissue with them :-/

TruthSweet Fri 26-Apr-13 12:16:45

I've had the top seat facing me with 3y in it and baby in soft carry cot on the top. Not terribly ideal but 3y was having an asthma attack at the time!

When DD4 was newborn I mainly had the top seat facing me with the soft carry cot in it with the foot rest all the way up and toddler in the bottom.

Now DD4 is 6m and out of the carry cot she's in the top seat in the cosy toes facing me & the foot rest slightly up and DD3 is in the bottom seat slightly reclined but she mainly walks so I use the bottom seat as a massive basket grin

I have also used it with DD2 in the top seat ffing and she was 4.5y (walling/joint problems not laziness) with DD3 aged 2.5y in the bottom not reclined. I have never used the seat extender thingies long term as every time I tried to use them they came out the the connectors and the seat fell forward even with 12kg DD3 in itBritax had no answers for me apart from paying for some new extenders hmm

HTH

MiaowTheCat Tue 30-Apr-13 09:15:26

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: