Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Shade solutions for pushchairs (Quinny Buzz & iCandy Palm??)

(8 Posts)
Cupcake83 Sun 21-Apr-13 09:52:53

As we have had a few sunny days recently I am starting to realise that I may need a better shade solution for my Quinny Buzz.

I bought a parasol to go with it and used it for the first time yesterday. It was ok and provided some good shade, however I found myself faffing with it a lot - but only because I wanted to see baby. Then a bit later on she managed to pull it off!

So, my question to all is what shade solutions do you have for your pushchairs? I am very tempted by the iCandy palm as it has a large hood plus an insect net part to it, but at £35 is expensive.

I have also looked at the Rayshade with is only £14. The reviews on this are that it blows around a bit in the wind and can only really be used when the pushchair is forward facing.

If anyone else has any suggestions please chip in!

smile

MiaowTheCat Sun 21-Apr-13 10:06:39

I have a Britax buggy so the hoods have a split in them you can unzip for a mesh panel and to extend the hoods (I still think they need to do a limited edition one of this made to look like Zippy from Rainbow - I'd soooooo buy it). Prior to that I just used a parasol on my iCandy - which was annoying.

peanutMD Sun 21-Apr-13 12:49:56

shade maker

Don't know if this would be any good but cheaper than the palm.

Littlemissexpecting Sat 04-May-13 18:02:12

Jojo maman bebe do something very similar to the iCandy palm shade but much cheaper

Tiggywunkle Sun 05-May-13 22:28:25

Ha ha re the Zippy special edition!! I love that Miaow!!

bonzo77 Sun 05-May-13 22:33:49

I just stretch a fitted cot sheet over the hood of my buggy then down over the seat. Elasticated bits hold it on perfectly. Though I can't see the baby and he can't see me, he's mostly asleep anyway.

Aethelfleda Sun 05-May-13 22:37:26

We have a SnoozeShade: £20 and fits pretty much any single buggy. They do a doubles version as well I think. Holds on with velcro.
Knocks the socks off my previous bulky sack thing Shade-a-babe.

bonzo77 Mon 06-May-13 19:51:27

Oh god that shade a babe thing. It worked so well but was a major PITA.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now