Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

I know you lot are the people for the job :)

(6 Posts)
MyNameIsLola Wed 17-Apr-13 20:16:54

I'm 26 weeks pg with a 2.4 year old toddler and I need a pushchair which can be used as a double or single as the toddler likes to walk a lot and I'd like to not have to have a double all the time when he's at nursery. However, I walk a lot and due to DS1's SN transport I have very little time in which to do the school run, meaning I don't have time for a dawdling toddler.

Requirements:

As slimline and lightweight as possible.
Easy to convert from single to double.
Nice and easy to push around as I do 5 miles per day at the bare minimum.
Not the Bugaboo Donkey as I had a good look at it yesterday and am not keen.

TIA

Twinklestarstwinklestars Wed 17-Apr-13 20:31:16

I've got a baby jogger city select, not in use yet but I liked it. It gets bad reviews people say its heavy but I tried my 3 year old in it and found it fine. There weren't many options as I had similar requirements as am a childminder and don't need a double every day and when dc3 arrives will want a single until I start working again.

Rhubarb78 Wed 17-Apr-13 22:07:53

The phil and teds dot is very compact, I thought the city select was huge to be honest. The baby style oyster max is a lovely looking tandem too but unfortunately wouldn't fit in my car sad

MiaowTheCat Thu 18-Apr-13 09:32:57

B-dual converts from double to single easily (OK I'll admit I'm a weakling and can't get the buttons pushed in on my own and bug hubby to do it) but it's a push two buttons in, lift and unhook the bottom seat job. It's got its annoying features, but getting the second seat on and off isn't one of them!

Ihateparties Thu 18-Apr-13 11:07:42

The tandems that are generally considered easiest to push are the icandy peach blossom 2, babystyle oyster max, jane twone. All convert to singles easily. At some point the icandy apple 2 pear will be out, tiggy says it's the lightest to push and turn tandem she's had her hands on (and she's had had her hands on basically everything you can think of).

When you say lightweight do you mean literal weight or effort of pushing? If you mean to push then I would also look at the tfk joggster twist with buddy seat and multi x carrycot. It is heavy in kgs though, as is the peach blossom.

I walk a similar distance per day and there isn't a huge list of tandems that i'd like to spend that amount of time with!

Tiggywunkle Thu 18-Apr-13 21:40:27

I think really ihateparties has a good list there.
Peach Blossom 2, Apple 2 Pear (with air tyres) but I dont know when it will be released), B-Dual, Twone.
However my concerns really are that you will already have a 2 year 4 month old, so by the time the baby is ready to come out of the carrycot, he will be almost 3. I have had a 3 year old in all of my suggestions absolutely fine (and a 4 year old in almost all too) but it sounds like you do a lot of walking and it may be longer than 6-12 months (?) so I would be looking for something with a bigger seat for him long term. I think I would be looking at the TFK Joggster Twist, the Mountain Buggy +One, the Uppababy Vista with Rumble seat (and somehow get through the first 3 months). If you have money to splash, then the Orbit double helix is a LOT of fun to push! Its simple to remove the second seat too. But you need to have a good play with them all really and at least work out what you do and don't like.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now