Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

I need the wisdom of the pushchair board

(12 Posts)
kohl Sun 14-Apr-13 22:01:33

Our secondhand O Baby has finally given up the ghost, and we need to buy a new pushchair pretty speedily.

DD is 2.6, we don't have a car, and I use the buggy for grocery shopping, days out, and when the weather is too filthy to have her on the back of my bike.

We're moving to central London in June, and whilst I don't see her being in the buggy for much longer post move, I think it will be extremely handy for a while, plus we're trying for a second child, so it will be used from a year old or so.

I would like it to be super light, easy fold (preferably quite small), decent shopping/bags stuffing under capacity. The O Baby has been so horrendous to push (we wouldn't have bought it, but we were given it for free from friends) that I was also hoping for something a bit more comfortable to push. But I have loved the narrowness/easy folding on public transport. A reclining buggy for a second child would also be a bonus.

I'm really attracted by the Micralite Superlite, or maybe the Uppababy G-luxe - does anyone have any experience/recommendations?
Thanks!

RandomMess Sun 14-Apr-13 22:03:52

What's your budget?

kohl Sun 14-Apr-13 22:24:05

Under £200, ideally.

Nanny01 Sun 14-Apr-13 22:50:46

I would go for a baby jogger city mini eBay have loads if you don't want to do new.

GoingVerySlowlyMad Mon 15-Apr-13 18:53:33

What about this. It gets great reviews and apparently the basket is massive and it's fairly slim too. Also mothercare have 15% off it at the moment if you put code EWFY in at the checkout.

crazydrunkevilyoni Mon 15-Apr-13 18:55:15

The Micralite Fastfold/Superlite sounds like exactly what you need. Was the best pram I ever had & would highly recommend it

kohl Tue 16-Apr-13 01:14:12

Thanks everyone, I worry about the city baby jogger as I'm not sure it would be ok for travelling by plane, which we do a fair bit for family visiting - also looked at the folding of the graco and it looks a bit bulky, or is that just the photos?
I am leaning towards the superlight, or perhaps a maclaren though they look quite flimsy and bulky folded.
We're off to face the hell of a kiddicare next week so anymore recommendations would be welcome. I hate hate choosing pushchairs.

GwendolineMaryLacey Tue 16-Apr-13 02:06:29

I hope the baby jogger is ok for a plane. I've just bought one with my summer holiday in mind as I don't want to take my Bee on the plane. And as everyone on here raves about the baby jogger I'll be cross if it's rubbish wink

Tiggywunkle Tue 16-Apr-13 17:06:14

If I were travelling abroad, I would either take the YoYo or a City Mini. The former because it would go in an overhead locker and the latter because its flat, there's no bits likely to snap or sheer off. I would do the harness up if not putting in a travel bag - but really you need a travel bag to pop it into at the gate to keep it clean if nothing else. But the easy fold, fab hood for sunshine, good storage etc make it a great holiday pushchair. I would worry more about taking a Micralite as I could envisage that getting damaged more easily - although Micralites are tough pushchairs.

GwendolineMaryLacey Tue 16-Apr-13 17:41:47

The baby jogger apparently fits into an Ikea Dimpa laundry bag (which is also fab for storing things in the loft) if you don't want to shell out for a proper travel bag.

kohl Tue 16-Apr-13 23:19:55

Thanks all, really appreciate the reviews. Will be doing some test driving next week.

dldl Tue 16-Apr-13 23:58:27

There's also the sunshine kids car seat travel bag which fits lots of buggies in the for the plane and has the added bonus of being able to stuff in all your coats and bits at the gate. Not expensive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now