Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

should I take my BJCM on holiday or get a cheapie?

(6 Posts)
LowLevelWhinging Sun 14-Apr-13 16:13:46

I was thinking the BJCM might be a bit bulky for getting in taxis etc for transfers (along with family of 5 and all our luggage). So I thought I might get a cheapie second buggy.

But will I hate it after being used to the wonderful BJCM? And is it necessary to get a smaller, lighter, cheaper holiday buggy, or am I overthinking it?

ta

Nanny01 Sun 14-Apr-13 22:55:06

Take it get a travel bag for it. The hood will shade your lo.

Jollyb Sun 14-Apr-13 22:58:25

No way the BJCM is the best travelling buggy ever. We bought one from ebay fir a trip to Australia and it was great. It folds down smaller than our maclaren and it is so easy at security etc when the one handed fold is a lifesaver. The sunshade is also fab.

MousyMouse Sun 14-Apr-13 23:02:39

cheapie if you are flying.
airport/airline workers can be rough with luggage, I have seen them several times dropping the buggies from the plane door down to the tarmac (about 4meters?)

dldl Mon 15-Apr-13 07:00:59

I would definitely take your bjcm. You just won't find other buggies easy to fold or push. I recommend buying a travel bag though. We didn't fork out for the proper baby jogger one. Search for the sunshine kids car seat travel bag on amazon. It has tonnes of reviews from lots of different people who've used it for taking the buggy on the plane. Only cost us about £12 and it meant we could stuff all the coats into it too at the gate just before we boarded. Was great for us to have as little bulk as possible on the actual plane.

LowLevelWhinging Mon 15-Apr-13 14:46:44

Ok, I suspected as much, thank you!

And I'll get a bag for it to try and minimise any damage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now