Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Buggy board for iCandy Strawberry

(4 Posts)
Prometheus Fri 12-Apr-13 13:35:22

Following advice on another thread about coping with my 4 month old and 2.8 year old toddler, I am looking at getting a buggy board to fit onto my iCandy Strawberry. Does anyone know for definite which buggy board fits? I have heard that it will invalidate the iCandy warranty but I'm not that bothered (the wheels and springs have gone rusty with the snowy weather and it squeaks like hell so not that impressed with it to start with). Thank you.

Tiggywunkle Sat 13-Apr-13 21:59:42

Its not even that the warranty will be invalidated - more that the back axles are not designed to carry the weight of a toddler and iCandy keep stressing this. You could break the pushchair.

Prometheus Sun 14-Apr-13 13:36:46

Oh dear - thank you. Is this the case for all pushchairs or was it just an oversight on iCandy's part when they designed theirs do you know?

Tiggywunkle Sun 14-Apr-13 15:07:45

To be honest, you may well find that its true for a lot of manufacturers. Its just that people have asked iCandy and its well known that they dont recommend it. I guess if you asked say Hauck or Britax that they may well say similar. Its not something safety tested for their pushchair, thus they wont be able to say its safe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now