Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Customised pushchairs

(9 Posts)
SnazzyFizzle Sun 07-Apr-13 16:22:35

Like matching seat liners, chest pads and bows etc - are they naff? I need a seat liner for my pushchair and dont know whether to buy a plain universal one or to pay to have a pretty one made.

What do people think?

Ihateparties Sun 07-Apr-13 18:12:05

Very definitely purely an opinion but in my head liners, patterned or plain=fine bows and strap pads=hmmmm

I've never shelled out for a custom one though, have made them and also adapted them, adding a different fabric onto the plain side of a maclaren liner etc.

Personal choice 'n all that smile

MandragoraWurzelstock Sun 07-Apr-13 18:16:58

I agree with Parties. Liners are fine and in fact very useful. The rest of it is a bit, well, naff grin

YeahBuddy Sun 07-Apr-13 18:19:41

Oh if only I could sew I would have the tackiest, naffest pushchair in the whole world! grin
Seriously though, I like all the bows and stuff, I had customised hoods and shoulder pads made for my DTs first car seats (that I attached to their pram), got lots of comments on them.

5eggstremelychocaletymadeggs Sun 07-Apr-13 18:25:11

I got a seat liner, hood and cosy toes ,made for my bugaboo frog. Just spotty fleece, they wash up great and look nice. For the footmuff and hood and seat liner it was £40 all in?

Ihateparties Sun 07-Apr-13 19:25:08

I am totally being unreasonable on the strap pads btw, I quite often take them off if they come on a pushchair, just not a fan.

SnazzyFizzle Sun 07-Apr-13 20:23:45

Thanks all! Im not too keen on the big bows but im going to have a look for a nice summery liner and chest pads to match smile

Rockchick1984 Mon 08-Apr-13 07:56:10

5eggs where did you get that done please?

5eggstremelychocaletymadeggs Mon 08-Apr-13 11:02:51

Mum I googled smnd found them, its just a mum who has her own business. It was some years ago and I can't remember but if I dig out the cosytoes there is a tag on it so will have a look.

Lots of similar things online tho and on eBay etc smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now