Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

P&T Navigator double kit - PLEEAAAASSSEEE help! I'm going mad....

(5 Posts)
MrsFrumble Sat 06-Apr-13 00:51:36

We bought a Navigator with double kit on Amazon.com last week (we're in the US), and despite our best efforts we can't get the sun canopy to fit on the second seat.

I've called P&T customer services, gone through the service warranty procedure online, uploaded photos and received an email telling me that the wrong canopy had been included in the kit and a replacement would be sent. An entire new double kit arrived this evening with the same bloody canopy!

I feel like it must be the right one, and DH and I are just to stupid to figure out how to fit it! There are no instructions so it MUST be really obvious, right???

P&T customer services are closed for the weekend. Can a kindly P&T owning soul come and talk me through how to attach the damn thing and put me out of my misery? Pleeaaassseeee?????

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Sat 06-Apr-13 12:52:08

Try googling it...there are quite likely YouTube videos showing how to do it.

I recently bought a dot and the doubles seat hood is rubbish so I don't use it at all. I did consider getting a proper hood for it but I'm not sure whether I really need it. You can also get a universal sun shade...I'll see if I can find a link

MrsFrumble Tue 09-Apr-13 05:51:39

Thanks Hiccup. Following your suggestion it seems I do have the correct canopy, it's just crap! I found a video of a woman reviewing the dot on YouTube and it appeared to have the same ill-fitting and flappy hood on the double seat.

So I went ahead and attached it, and it gave my 6 month old bugger all protection against the sun and wind (we're in the American midwest, so plenty of both). I did some tinkering around, and discovered the detachable hood from the main seat fits quite well and makes a cosy, sheltered little cocoon, so I've ordered another one for the back seat.

I'm really disappointed as I love everything else about the pushchair so far. The hood supplied doesn't even resemble any of the promotional photos on the P&T website, so I don't know what they're playing at! Ah well, at least we got a freebie spare double seat that we can sell...

Tiggywunkle Tue 09-Apr-13 12:10:48

Second seat canopies are in general rubbish on P&Ts. I threw mine away in the end!

Tiggywunkle Tue 09-Apr-13 12:11:48

And I have another product here which in reality doesnt match the photos.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now