Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Hot drinks holder to fit iCandy Cherry

(13 Posts)
BB01 Fri 05-Apr-13 15:20:37

Just as the above says! Any recommendations anyone? The iCandy one gets bad reviews and states it's not for hot drinks

HariboAndWine Fri 05-Apr-13 15:29:19

I may be missing something here but is it not dangerous to have hot drinks so close to your baby? Isn't that why it says its not suitable?

Selba Fri 05-Apr-13 15:41:38

HOT drinks???

BB01 Fri 05-Apr-13 16:02:11

Hi, I mean a hot drink in a metal insulated mug with a lid, and where I have seen it on other pushchairs, it has been behind where the baby sits and looks safe. Something like this:

http://www.quinny.com/accessories/cupholder/

forevergreek Fri 05-Apr-13 16:51:40

I don't think any are for hot drinks. Too dangerous near a baby.
They are for smoothies/ bottle of evian etc etc

BB01 Fri 05-Apr-13 17:14:14

The ones I have seen are fixed right on back of a forward facing pushchair and you'd have had to have done acrobatics to get drink on baby! The cup I have has a secure closing lid. There definitely are some designed for this. I need to Google it again when I get to a PC!!

ditavonteesed Fri 05-Apr-13 17:15:08

doesnt sound like a good idea tto me.

MiaowTheCat Fri 05-Apr-13 22:01:04

I had one I bought from Toys R Us that clipped onto the Cherry fine (despite the oval frame thing) - before anyone gets pant-hoikey I used it for bottles of water but it would have taken the kind of drinks cup you're describing.

notfarmingatthemo Fri 05-Apr-13 22:52:11

Its not the baby reaching it. It is if you go down a kerb the cup may fall out and land on baby (lid may also come of) Use one of these You can put it under the buggy or in your bag then when you stop and baby is out use one on the buggy if you need to put it down. YOU DO NOT WANT ANY CHANCE OF A BABY GETTING BURNT WHEN YOU ARE OUT AND ABOUT.

BB01 Sat 06-Apr-13 08:13:01

Hi, thanks but I know the risk people are referring to. As I said there was no way it could have fallen or spilt from the holder I saw which is precisely why I'm trying to find that one not a regular one. I appreciate the advice but don't need the shouting thank you

BB01 Sat 06-Apr-13 08:15:07

I'm presuming you never ever drink a hot drink in a baby's presence even if it is well out of baby's way? All these mums drinking coffee in cafés must be drinking iced lattes smile smile

MiaowTheCat Sat 06-Apr-13 08:47:27

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-Us/Travel-and-Pushchairs/Travel-Systems-and-Pushchairs/Pushchair-Accessories/Stroller-CupBottle-Holder(0023547)?searchPosition=1

Is the one I used to use which I'm 99% sure clipped onto my Cherry's frame - it wasn't the most awesome since the clamp snapped in the end but that might have been my husband's overzealous tightening. It's the usual problem with getting things for the Cherry though - lots of stuff's made to fit round frames and the Cherry's is oval (I had a bit of bother getting a parasol as well).

BB01 Sat 06-Apr-13 10:20:04

Thanks v much miaow - useful to know about the Cherry frame. I'll have a look at that link once I get to a PC

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now