Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Travel system to fit in a KA?!

(12 Posts)
Kyrptonite Tue 02-Apr-13 12:30:40

Is it possible? Does such thing exist? I don't mind taking wheels off etc to squash it in. I just want to find one that will bloody fit!

melliebobs Tue 02-Apr-13 13:57:44

Our iCandy peach jogger fits in my husbands KA. You don't have to take the wheels off either.

When we went trying prams the quinny buzz went in but had to take wheels off. iCandy peach fits. Baby style oyster went in too. And the quinny zap fits in easy peasy

Tiggywunkle Tue 02-Apr-13 15:29:18

I dont have a Ka but I knew the Peach Jogger fitted in a Mini. The Easywalker June and Baby Orbit G2 both advertise that they fit in a Mini. I suspect there are other pushchairs too which fit. I bet a Versa would with the front wheels off...and maybe a Stokke Scoot. I would drive your Ka to the nearest good independent pushchair shop and have a play!

DueInSeptember Thu 04-Apr-13 00:38:18

I had a Streety but would not really recommend. It's ok for flat surfaces such as shopping centres but does not cope with pavements or any kind of rough ground. Folds up small though.

MissRee Fri 05-Apr-13 15:32:21

I have a Graco Swift-Fold that goes down pretty small (scissor fold). If you're anwhere near Kent, feel free to come and try it in your boot! (It's for sale at the moment though so will depend on if/when it goes)

PennieLane Fri 05-Apr-13 15:34:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pettyprudence Fri 05-Apr-13 15:52:16

I have a bugaboo bee in the boot of my peugot 107, which has to be the smallest boot ever!

I have also fitted in there: britax b-smart, britax b-mobile, quinny buzz, 2x umbrella strollers and a Phil & Teds double explorer (wheels had to be removed for that one) - obviously not all the same time grin

Mehrida Fri 05-Apr-13 15:55:00

My Babystyle Oyster fits in my little Ibiza with room to spare so would fit your KA too. Cracking wee system, can't recommend enough.

melliebobs Fri 05-Apr-13 21:29:47

There's a bit of a difference between the Ibiza boot and a KA grin I gave dh my KA for my mums Ibiza and the boots huge in comparison! Lol

Ihateparties Fri 05-Apr-13 21:45:35

Ibiza boots are big for small cars defo, we have the st version and its unexpectedly massive. Something i saw recently that looked great for small cars is the new loola which looked a massive improvement on the old one and the parent facing fold was really compact, the seat is huge and lies totally flat too. I used to have a yaris and nothing wider than 50cm fit without taking wheels off or removing the parcel shelf, which I wasn't willing to do. The new loola would have fit easily, at the time a bee was the only option. The easywalker june and mini should have a good go of fitting too seeing as they go in a mini.

Elkieb Fri 05-Apr-13 21:45:50

I got a loola up which fit into the boot but I wouldn't recommend it because it was heavy and unwieldy. I would look at a mcclaren from birth. Lightweight, cheapish, and everyone I know who has a bulky travel system buys one in the end! I have a secondhand bugaboo frog which goes into my husbands old polo. In the end someone wrote my car off so I got a focus. Problem solved though I do miss the little ka!

Kyrptonite Fri 05-Apr-13 21:53:06

I have a petite star + which is suitable from birth and does fit. I've just never had a travel system or forward facing pushchair.

Will start looking on eBay for the suggestions mentioned. Thank you grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now