Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Mountain Buggy Duet - in a car boot?

(3 Posts)
zaarin2003 Mon 01-Apr-13 22:32:31

Hi,

We have a Mountain Buggy Duet and are looking for a new car. Well, a car, as we don't currently have one.

Does anyone here have one of these buggies and, if so, have you managed to get it into your boot? Do you need to take the wheels off? What type of car do you have?

One complication, is that we will be first time drivers and also on a budget of about £8k, so we will not be looking to get anything expensive, bulky or difficult to park like a Range Rover, people carrier or an Estate.

Something like a Hyundai i30 is the sort of car we're looking at. If the answer is that the Mountain Buggy wouldn't fit into a car that size/style then we may need to think about getting something smaller I guess!

Any advice would be appreciated

Matt

Ihateparties Mon 01-Apr-13 23:04:04

Hummm we have a 2011 Seat Ibiza Estate, which has a big boot for a supermini and I never even tried to get the duet in it! In theory it should have fitted as the boot is deeper front to back than 63cm by a good bit and 1m wide at narrowest points. I'm trying to google the folded dimensions, it will be 63cm wide certainly... looking like 96cm long without wheels plus whatever depth.. I can't even hazard a guess. I wouldn't have taken the wheels off every time I put it in the car so if it measures longer than 1m when folded with wheels then I was screwed anyway.

I'm trying and failing to imagine it in a focus/hyundai i30 type boot.. but someone out there will know!

Tiggywunkle Tue 02-Apr-13 15:54:07

Honestly I dont think it will fit unless you removed the parcel shelf - but there's only one way to find out - go and try it in! I dont know how easy it would be to get it past the sills at the boot entrance. It would certainly fill the boot which would leave you with no room for shopping, changing bags etc. Is this practical?
These photos of the Duet in car boots may help you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now