Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

I've got a 6 month old - would you now buy stroller or 2nd hand bigger pram?

(6 Posts)
DueInSeptember Mon 01-Apr-13 17:44:28

I've got a Streety pushchair from my first child and I've been using that until now with my baby but I really hate it as it's terrible on rough ground/ pavements.

I did have a second hand Hercules which I used for walking with my 1st child, that was great but now it's battered.

Have been looking on gumtree for a 2nd hand pram. Something that'll cope with rough ground and pavements. I'm also considering buying a new stroller instead.

Do strollers cope well with pavements/ country walk etc or should I go with a bigger 2nd hand pram?

pipsqueakz Tue 02-Apr-13 17:05:27

Go with a three wheeler with tyres I wouldn't be without my all terrain buggy its great on all path types and tyres take the shock well

Tiggywunkle Tue 02-Apr-13 21:54:17

Well you cant do much worse than a Streety.....
I think I would go for something with better wheels though than an average stroller if your ground / pavements are that bad. Maybe a Baby Jogger Classic or Elite or a Nipper or Easywalker?

GinTintedGlasses Wed 03-Apr-13 16:15:55

Buy a three wheeler! I did that after making the mistake of buying a maclaren and finding it awful on any kind of rough ground, up and down pavements etc! I've got the baby jogger city elite and it's a fantastic, I'd definately recommend it. My DD is nearly 2 now and it's still so light and pushes with ease. It folds so easily, and with the wheels off it's actually not massive when folded. Honestly it copes with everything I've thrown at it and still looks as good as new!

DueInSeptember Thu 04-Apr-13 09:52:11

Thanks - looks like a bigger pram is the way to go!

poocatcherchampion Sat 06-Apr-13 21:23:06

I'd buy a second hand stroller tbh!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now