Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Uppababy Vista or Baby Jogger Versa: advice please

(9 Posts)
Fourfourtwo Mon 01-Apr-13 11:38:37

First timer here and I think I've narrowed down my choice to the vista or Versa but was wondering if anyone had some RL advice on using them. I been doing my research and looked on Which but the Versa test hasn't been published yet.

Live in London, plan to use mainly public transport or walk but do have a car (focus so a fair sized boot). Really want something with the option of parent and forward facing, ideally with a carrycot and easy to fold. Tested both (and many many more!) last week. I found the vista fold a bit tricky, have quite small hands so didn't seem to get a good enough grip on the release button but liked the carrycot and it seemed to move quite easily. Really liked the fold and the ease of push in the Versa but just wondering if the vista will give more in terms of overall quality if I can get the knack of the fold.

Any advice/ comments much appreciated.

Tiggywunkle Mon 01-Apr-13 17:27:33

No, I honestly think the Baby Joggers as a brand of pushchair take some beating. The quality is backed up with fabulous customer service here in the UK. I know Uppababy too have great customer service. I think both pushchairs are top quality and high spec. Either one should serve you well. If the Vista was causing you issues in the shop, then I would buy the Versa. I personally have had both, and have kept the Versa - partly personal preference though - I prefer the chunkier, more rounded feel of the Versa than the more angular Vista. Choose the one you like the best because both are excellent pushchairs.

Fourfourtwo Mon 01-Apr-13 17:55:02

Thanks Tiggy, think I'm starting to drive myself loopy with all the choice out there! Was more impressed with the Versa but because there are more reviews for the vista out there (I guess because the Versa is so new) just wanted to see if anyone here had used them. Out of interest have you used the baby jogger carrycot at all?

TinyTear Tue 02-Apr-13 09:59:06

I don't have the Versa, but I love my Vista and have used the carrycot even as a overnight sleeper (we bought the stand as well)

Even now at 14 months, the chair is comfortable and I can see myself using it for ages.
The basket is huge and takes a lot.
We go for walks on Hampstead Heath and the big wheels take even the ruggest paths and my daughter naps really well in it. (both back in the cot and now in the chair)

we still love the parent facing bit...

the folding gets easier with time, once you get the knack of it.

the Vista was one of my best purchases before my daughter was born!

busymum100 Tue 02-Apr-13 14:39:28

I have the Versa GT and love it!! It feels sturdy but has a compact fold and with the GT wheels can handle all terrain. Performed very well in the recent snow! I love the massive basket too. I walk alot so needed something to carry a decent amount of shopping which this does with ease. Baby Jogger seem to put a lot of effort and thought into creating their pushchairs which is why i chose the versa, having already got a BJCM. I'd go with the one you liked the best.

Tiggywunkle Tue 02-Apr-13 15:24:11

I haven't used the carrycot IRL - I have put it on and off and pushed it with the carrycot on though. My 2 year old was happy curled up in it!

TinyTear Tue 02-Apr-13 15:38:16

It is rather sturdy! Maybe I should try and see if my 14 month old would still fit
;-)

Tiggywunkle Tue 02-Apr-13 16:11:39

I meant the Versa carrycot, but I am sure I put my son in the Vista carrycot when he was a year old...both are good sized carrycots.

Fourfourtwo Tue 02-Apr-13 17:08:52

Thanks for your feedback everyone, all very useful. One last trip to John Lewis this weekend for last minute comparisons then decision time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now