Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Out n about Nipper 360 V2 or something similar?

(8 Posts)
MissieLovelie Sun 31-Mar-13 15:51:22

I need to buy an off roading type pushchair and i have been looking at the Nipper 360, does anyone have one of these and is it any good? If not what is a good alternative, i need it to have an easy and compact fold (as compact as a jogger stroller can be!). I was thinking about getting the mamas and papas 03 sport but the fold is ridiculous on it and it is still huge when folded, shame really as it is fairly cheap. Can anyone give advice/suggestions. Thanks.

2littlemonkeysjumping Sun 31-Mar-13 16:10:33

Oh I should've read your message before I posted mine as I've just pretty much asked the same question!! No suggestions unfortunately but look fwd to seeing if anyone else does

MissieLovelie Mon 01-Apr-13 12:56:34

I would also like to know about the mountain buggy swift, looks so much better than the nipper, but is it actually any better?

Ihateparties Mon 01-Apr-13 13:16:26

Looks better as is actual looks? I have had a nipper v1 and a pre 2010 swift, both are good. I liked the mb open but the fold is long. The airbuggy mimi is the narrowest I know of at 55cm, the mb is 59 and the nipper hmmm i'm not sure you'd have to check, late 50s to 60cm. Guess would be 60. The swift feels more compact but whether it actually is by measurement i'm not sure.

MissieLovelie Mon 01-Apr-13 13:36:01

I think the mountain buggy looks better than the nipper, but is it more practical is what I mean. Does the MB come with a padded seat, would it be comfortable for a small 18 month old, does the seat sit quite upright?

Ihateparties Mon 01-Apr-13 13:51:41

I think it would be comfortable yes, it was winter so I had a footmuff on, plus it's not something I often notice one way or another unless it's extreme, ie boarded seat with no padding at all. I had an older one, which was padded and slightly rounded up the seatback so looked supportive and no one complained.

The seat sits upright enough, I believe the newest nipper is also upright, heard that did used to be an issue for some children with them.

My preference was the swift but they're both practical, unles you have a specific requirement that one meets where the other doesn't then I doubt you'd go wrong with either.

MissieLovelie Mon 01-Apr-13 15:17:36

Thankyou for the advice, ihateparties, I really want to get the MB swift but it's quite expensive so I don't want to regret buying it. I have never bought an off road type buggy, but I am so fed up with a stroller and the one I have at the moment is not up to strolling along the beach. Also does the swift actually have any suspension or is it just the tyres that give it a smoother ride?

Tiggywunkle Mon 01-Apr-13 17:16:51

I prefer the Nipper V2 by a long way. The swift recline has fabric bunching around the child's head. The handlebar is low - the Nipper feels higher. The storage on the Nipper is better. The Swift fold is long although it freestands nicely and its easier to do. The Nipper doesn't really store that well. We have one here at present and I never quite know where to put it. Meanwhile we have a BJCMGT which stands very neatly against a wall. I used to take my double Nipper to the beach and it glided over everything and anything.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now