Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Baby Jogger GT double

(7 Posts)
CruCru Sun 31-Mar-13 11:03:49

Hi all

Do any of you have this and what do you think of it if so?

I was all set to get an Out N About Nipper 360 double bit a friend has the Baby Jogger and seems really happy with it.

Thanks!

Tiggywunkle Sun 31-Mar-13 21:31:36

What age children is it for?
I think the Baby Jogger is better for younger babies BUT there are new carrycots for the Nipper coming out - and then it would be a closer call.
The Baby Jogger has a neater fold, taller handle etc. but the Nipper is lovely to push. I also would only get a Nipper V2 narrow version too as the wider older ones can be problematic.

CruCru Sun 31-Mar-13 21:48:32

It would be for a 2 year old and a newborn.

Ihateparties Sun 31-Mar-13 21:57:50

I think in all likelihood they would both be excellent. The narrower width of the nipper is more appealing to me but 3-4cm extra isn't a massive difference and would depend on where you needed it to go. On the other side I prefer the BJ fold and the fact it is a 4 wheeler not 3.

I know Tiggy had some issues with long harnesses on her nipper but we also saw one more recently that looked like it would adjust for a newborn. This is something I would certainly check in person but with the carrycot option it is less of an issue.

Tiggywunkle Sun 31-Mar-13 23:16:44

I think if the Nipper carrycots aren't out before you need them, then I would absolutely get the Baby Jogger because all round its much more snuggly for a newborn - with or without the carrycot. My harnesses on my Nipper double were ginormous - strangely this issue isn't present on the single Nipper V2 (I have a single now). I think the basket on the Baby Jogger is better for access which could be a factor if you shop a lot. But I like all the pockets on the Nipper. I prefer the single hoods on the Baby Joggers.
On balance - I would choose the BJCMGT for features, but there really isnt much in it for me, and I think its maybe down to personal preference.

DO watch those Nipper harnesses though because if they are still huge, there is absolutely no question for me that the Baby Jogger is safest and for me, that is paramount. The harnesses were huge even on my 4 year old.

CruCru Mon 01-Apr-13 08:17:57

Thanks for your help! I have until October and DH (incorrectly) thinks we may not need a double at all.

Tiggywunkle Mon 01-Apr-13 17:32:00

LOLOLOLOL I am laughing here because my 4 year old has just had the BIGGEST screaming tantrum in a crowded shopping centre (apologies if you witnessed it) and I am back on the hunt again for a double after not using one for the best part of a year. Thankfully we had a spare pushchair in the boot, and two of us, but I need back up or we wont be going out in public again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now