Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Quincy Buzz 3

(18 Posts)
SaveWaterDrinkMalibu Sat 30-Mar-13 19:27:03

Not sure whether to buy or not.
15month old - weighs about 25lb

What do u think of it?

Rockchick1984 Sat 30-Mar-13 19:54:24

I used one for a few weeks when my DS was 18 months, there wasn't much growing room for him! Also, the seat only sits upright if forward facing so you couldn't have him parent facing in it (presuming he wouldn't be happy constantly reclined!). It was lovely to push though, and didn't feel heavy once it was set up, even though its stupidly heavy to lift into and out of the car!

SaveWaterDrinkMalibu Sat 30-Mar-13 20:30:23

Rock chick - did u have the newborn or toddler seat fabric on??

pompompom Sat 30-Mar-13 20:32:28

Definitely not. They're great until about that age, but once toddlers start to get heavier the Buzz gets very front-heavy and unwieldy. The seat is very padded and I found that the straps didn't easily go over DS and his thick coat when he was about 14mo. I'd get something cheaper, easier to steer, lighter and narrower.

SaveWaterDrinkMalibu Sat 30-Mar-13 20:34:04

Pom - what would u suggest - not keen on strollers

pompompom Sat 30-Mar-13 20:39:47

Do you want a 3-wheeler specifically, or not bothered?

I don't think people on here like them much, but have you looked at the M&P Sola?

Other than that, Hmm... Bee, Oyster or Uppababy vista would be on my list.

DejaB00 Sat 30-Mar-13 20:44:05

I agree, don't buy a buzz now. We sold ours when DS was 18 months and got a Petite Star Zia. Brilliant. Good value, light, easy to steer, folds easily and really small. Negatives are small basket and if DS has been sleeping its hard to put the seat back to upright position while DS is sitting in it.

Rockchick1984 Sat 30-Mar-13 20:47:40

It was the toddler size. How about a Baby Jogger City Mini - all the benefits of a stroller (light, easy to push, easy to fold) but with proper wheels rather than dinky little ones like you normally get on a stroller and it feels like a proper pram to push!

SaveWaterDrinkMalibu Sat 30-Mar-13 20:52:10

Not bothered about 3/4 wheels although would prefer 4. Looking for something that will be cheapish second hand

snickers251 Sat 30-Mar-13 21:01:16

I agree with others it's not an ideal pram for toddlers and I love love love my buzz (currently awaiting warmer weather for afternoon strolls with 12 day dd!)

But I stopped using it when ds was about 18m as he just didn't look comfy and the footrest wasn't great for his long legs.

I can second the petite star zia or a good old Maclaren smile

SaveWaterDrinkMalibu Sat 30-Mar-13 21:10:23

Got a Mclaren for quick trips out but still prefer a bigger parent/forward facing pushchair

Rockchick1984 Sat 30-Mar-13 21:23:30

If you want parent facing, I'd suggest an Oyster. Plenty of space for child, and around £100 used (at least they are where I live).

MadStaringEyes Sat 30-Mar-13 21:33:50

I loved my buzz, but I got rid of it at about 18 months because Ds2 came along and I needed a double. I loved it because I never had to fold it.

Ihateparties Sat 30-Mar-13 21:46:13

If you want parent facing option the Oyster, Mutsy Evo, something like this maybe?

If you're not bothered then a city mini or britax b agile are great choices.

SchroSawMargeryDaw Sat 30-Mar-13 21:57:46

I'm selling my Buzz to swap for a Zia again, 18mo DS still has enough room in it and I still have the newborn fabric on it but it's too heavy with him in it (he's 28.8lbs) and doesn't feel stable.

I do constantly use my Herqules raptor spin though, it has been a favourite since he was teeny and is bloody easy to push and could easily fit a 4 year old, fully reclines when forward and rear facing and has the biggest basket I have come across and a hood that covers the entire buggy.

SchroSawMargeryDaw Sat 30-Mar-13 21:59:12

[[http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/herqules-razor-6-spin-buggy-/281083436511?pt=UK_Baby_BabyTravel_Pushchairs_GL&hash=item4171e0dddf It's the 3 wheeler version I have but I suspect the 6 is just as good)

SchroSawMargeryDaw Sat 30-Mar-13 21:59:31

try that again

Twattybollocks Mon 01-Apr-13 19:22:43

Don't do it. It's not nice to push with a heavier baby in it, it's wide, the basket is too small and it can be a pita to fold. Not sure about the newer versions but I found the seat small for a toddler and it did actually once tip over with dd in it as she was objecting to being in the pushchair, and as she was rear facing at the time as she threw herself about it tipped at the front.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now