Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Does anyone have any experience of the Mountain Buggy Urban Runway / Jungle?

(6 Posts)
muddlepuddles Sat 30-Mar-13 19:24:30

Hi, just wondering if anyone has any experience of the Mountain Buggy Urban Jungle (well the Runway edition of it anyway)? I'd be grateful for honest opinions on it.
I'm looking for a good off roader that is quick to fold and as importantly unfold / get ready to use. Does it fold with the hood / seat unit on the frame and can you fold it with a footmuff in place?
I'm looking for a quick to use from the car off roader but unfortunately can't get to see one of these in person.
Many thanks for any replies!

Tiggywunkle Sat 30-Mar-13 23:05:32

Yes I have a Runway UJ. Out of all the Mountain Buggies its one of my favourites. The Runway UJ, has really good quality thick fabric - its one of the things I like about it compared to some of the other MB's. I like the detailing on the shoulder pads etc. The basket is fab - I love all the pockets - theres somewhere to put everything. The seat is a good size for my 2 and a half year old. He has room to grow with a good leg length.
It is pretty quick to fold - takes seconds and then its up to you if you add the storage strap - probably the most fiddly part. If you dont put it on, then one of the bonuses for me, is that when I come to take it out of the car boot, by the time the wheels hit the floor, the pushchair is open and ready to go. I leave my footmuff on when folded. The footmuff stays on the top. The seat fabric and hood all stay attached. The fold is long though - it does fill the length of my car boot. If you PM me, I can send you a photo of mine folded.
Its great to push too. I like it a lot.

muddlepuddles Sat 30-Mar-13 23:18:27

Thanks for your reply Tiggy. It sounds like the MB Runway might me a good option for us. Which colourway do you have? I'm wondering how bright the orange would be!
I'm a bit new to this forum so not sure how to send you a private message, but it would be great to see a photo. I think it should fit a zafira (in 5 seat mode) though.
Do you think the seat would be roomy enough for a 5yr old with special needs? (Would be great if the pushchair I bought for younger child could also occasionally be used for this as well!)
Thanks for your advice, great to be able to hear from someone who has a MB Runway.

muddlepuddles Sat 30-Mar-13 23:39:51

PM sent (I think / hope)!

Tiggywunkle Sun 31-Mar-13 21:36:06

I have messaged you back. I have a blue one. Its lovely.
I have to say I am not sure I think it would be roomy enough for a 5 year old with special needs. The seats are quite shallow. I can put my 4 year old in and send you a photo. I like finding pushchairs for older children, and I have to say, I would be sending you to look at a Baby Jogger Elite or Summit, a TFK Joggster Twist (huge seat) or a BOB stroller TBH. You can find Special Needs Mountain Buggies on Ebay now and again. If you can spot an Easylife, then they have large seats too.
All of these would fit in a Zafira with 5 seats up.

muddlepuddles Mon 01-Apr-13 09:21:00

Thanks for all the advice. I'll have a look at all the ones you've suggested as well before I make my decision.
I've replied to your PM.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now