Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Silver Cross vs Mamas and Papas

(6 Posts)
Sarahjess Sat 30-Mar-13 06:59:18

Hi, just wondered if you have and advice about my decision, I'm torn between buying a silver cross sleepover system and mamas and papas ultima! Anybody got either of these? Would love to know what you think. Looking to buy in about 8 weeks, looked at both and lots of research, but now I'm torn, help!!!!

Twattybollocks Sat 30-Mar-13 09:07:31

Honestly, don't buy either! They are both enormous folded, heavy, and awful to push once your baby is past the newborn stage and getting heavier. I've yet to see anyone pushing one of these with a baby over 6 months in it, which tells you a lot I think.
If you are really set on one or the other, go for the silver cross, at least they will fix it if there is a problem under the warranty, mamas and papas will try every trick in the book to avoid admitting liability for the fault and their stuff is generally not the quality you would expect for the enormous price tag!

Ihateparties Sat 30-Mar-13 11:57:34

The only classic prams I have seen people using regularly past 6months ish is bebecar ones, the stylo mostly as it is a lot smaller and narrower and the front wheels turn (i think, they don't swivel but they steer iyswim)

This may depend where you live though as to how long they are used for, a lot of places they become impractical fairly quickly.

Tiggywunkle Sat 30-Mar-13 23:11:13

I also wouldnt buy either. These are exactly the type of pushchair people spend hundreds on, only to ditch them for a smaller stroller later on. There are FAR more practical pushchairs out there TBH.

Sarahjess Mon 01-Apr-13 10:33:31

Thank you for you replies. Going to research again

ScooseIsLooseOnTheLoopyJuice Mon 01-Apr-13 10:38:12

Well I had the ultima for dd and loved it it has so many uses.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now