Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Has anyone else had problems with the Versa handlebar?

(4 Posts)
MandragoraWurzelstock Fri 29-Mar-13 14:30:57

Mine's just started slipping. I have it on a higher setting as I'm tall-ish, and just now on a 5 minute walk, it slipped about 7 times.

I rang the shop and they reckon it might have some damage inside - the thing is nothing's happened to it, I've only used it a few times so am rather worried it'll prove to be a weak point when my child is heavier (only a baby at present).

Has anyone else had this problem?

Tiggywunkle Sat 30-Mar-13 00:21:57

Yes, its a known issue. Contact your retailer again and organise your pushchair to be returned for the handle to be fixed. There was an issue with one batch in the UK and one in Europe. The next batch of Versas due in have an improved handle fixing or something to make them better. I have had my handle replaced and have had no issues since.

MandragoraWurzelstock Sat 30-Mar-13 08:24:14

Oh fantastic. Thankyou Tiggy, I looked up the recall thing and it didn't seem to be that so was worried they wouldn't be aware of this iyswim, and wouldn't believe me!

The shop seems to be suggesting a replacement could be got hold of, I've got to wait till Thursday when their engineer comes back from hols.

Thanks again x

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Mon 01-Apr-13 15:02:32

it'll need to go back to kooltrade. give them a call tomorrow after bank hol and organise this. if in warranty (which it will be) it'll be free and will take about 5 days.smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now