Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Front wheel problems with BJCM

(2 Posts)
TeaandHobnobs Thu 17-Jan-13 12:09:11

Just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue - bought a BJCM4 in May 2012, and within the first few months, the lock on one of the front wheels kept engaging by itself all the time (i.e. every time you push it back down, it pops back up within a minute or two). Bought through John Lewis, who organised a replacement wheel very quickly.

However it is now happening again - no way of telling if it is the other original wheel or the replacement wheel. Hopefully JL will send me a replacement again, but I just wanted to know if this has happened to other people? I'm considering contacting Kooltrade to point out that this seems to be a general fault, rather than a one-off dodgy fault, especially if others have experienced the same.

Tiggywunkle Fri 18-Jan-13 14:51:33

I think Kooltrade are well aware of these issues TBH. It's very common and Kooltrade offer some of the best customer service there is and will replace faulty wheels. One trick I was taught is to make sure your wheels are absolutely straight when you lock / unlock them and do it a couple of times dead straight then leave on swivel. You can always remove the centre part to leave them on swivel. But John Lewis / Kooltrade should sort you out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now