Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Is there such a pushchair as

(13 Posts)
MacaroniAndWalnut Tue 15-Jan-13 22:21:01

A neat, quick, small fold like a maclaren but with big, bouncy wheels?

Dd is 18 months and we are rarely using a pushchair now so I'm ready to ditch the bugaboo

I want to be able to walk in trough the door, fold it up, stick it in the cupboard. But I still need to bump up / down steps and go over fairly rough ground

Does it exist? Or do I have to make my own?

Ihateparties Tue 15-Jan-13 22:26:12

Ha... I want it too. I don't think there is an umbrella fold like this, I think there is a gap for a air tyre stroller type thing. A Baby Jogger City Mini GT kind of meets your criteria but it's pricey and the fold is in half as oppose to long, no idea whether that would matter to you?

Another thing which may be sort of in the right direction is an Emmaljunga Scooter or Scooter S, more robust but not air tyres, stroller type width at 52cm. Not sure on the fold of that one, there are videos on you tube but it can he hard to guage.

I think for what you have described the City Mini GT is better, or perhaps an Airbuggy Mimi if you can get hold of one. They are quite a bit narrower.

That the sort of thing?

Tiggywunkle Tue 15-Jan-13 23:25:58

Mountain Buggy Swift?? May be to big.
BJCMGT as parties says...
Air Buggy Mimi too
Nipper

MacaroniAndWalnut Tue 15-Jan-13 23:32:16

I was put off the baby jogger because although it folds easily its still wide when folded. Also it's spensive and I only want to use it once or twice a week

I shall google those others rat I've not heard of

Thanks smile

Ihateparties Tue 15-Jan-13 23:34:07

For a while there were cheap air buggies on Ebay, I kept not buying them then regretting it after. It's 55cm wide I think.

tethersend Tue 15-Jan-13 23:35:21

You want a Micralite fastfold.

I have just swapped my Cameleon for a Micralite Toro which is pretty good, but am waiting until DD is 1ish before getting a fastfold- they are lighter and fold smaller but don't recline fully flat.

Ihateparties Tue 15-Jan-13 23:37:09

Ooooh another excellent suggestion

MacaroniAndWalnut Tue 15-Jan-13 23:38:20

There's an air buggy mimi on eBay. Is it quite small? It's hard to gauge from the pics

MacaroniAndWalnut Tue 15-Jan-13 23:41:24

Ah that micralite thing would do the job but its so weird looking
I know it shouldn't matter but its quite odd

I think it's the handlebars like horns

Ihateparties Tue 15-Jan-13 23:45:55

The AirBuggy is narrow for a 3 wheeler, I'm not sure about the other dimensions.. my feeling is it'll be fairly long though. As is the MB swift.

tethersend Tue 15-Jan-13 23:46:50

It's a bloody dream to push...

MacaroniAndWalnut Tue 15-Jan-13 23:50:53

I've found a couple to watch on ebay. I could get over its oddnes if it works. I might try and find one in a shop to try

Thanks for all these suggestions they're fab

Tiggywunkle Tue 15-Jan-13 23:52:39

I would like an airbuggy....or a Nipper....I liked the Swift too but the handlebar is too low for me....sighs
You need a Mountain Buggy Mini but with air tyres on (not that those are an option but the chassis is light and neat but the wheels are absolutely awful!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now