Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Any Graco Swift-fold users?

(8 Posts)
peanutMD Thu 03-Jan-13 22:45:18

If I'm honest it is purely the cost which is drawing me to this pushchair as I'm not as keen on it as the B-Agile or BJCM (which I had 3 years ago and loved!).

ATM there is 20% off at Babies R Us and an offer to include the footmuff and changing bag as well as the Graco Junior car seat as this is a travel system for a total of £128.

It will be used as a second pushchair for chucking in the boot of an occasional taxi or taking on public transport.

Tiggywunkle Thu 03-Jan-13 23:53:05

Its a blinking bargain. I have had one sat in my basket for the last hour or so, (with 3% Quidco cashback on top) and then decided not to get one....but I am sorely tempted because I have seen it and it doesn't look bad....

peanutMD Fri 04-Jan-13 00:04:00

hmm I have one sitting in basket too Tiggy, have you had a play with it or just seen it?

I've done neither and I'm not 100% convinced on durability of Graco products (haven't used any just based on what I've seen) as there is just something very plasticky about them but I do need a car seat and a lightweight pushchair...

Sooo tempted and baby isn't even due until March!

Tiggywunkle Fri 04-Jan-13 00:44:14

I have had a quick play with it and I have wanted one for a while. But I have to weigh up resale value and I am not convinced I would get a good chunk of my money back. The other Babys R Us offers are fab though. For about another £190 you can have a Versa!!
There's 3% cash back through Quidco too.

I admit to being very tempted though......I just cant justify it even though DH has told me to get one! He doesn't know whats arriving tomorrow though!! LOL!

peanutMD Fri 04-Jan-13 00:50:54

Ooh I'm intrigued what are you getting tomorrow? grin

I was a bit of an addict with DS and DP would kill me for doing that again LOL, and like you the Graco doesn't leave me convinced that I will get money back if I don't like it.

I was very tempted by the Versa as I had worked out that I could get it for roughly £320 from Babies R Us with this discount but I think it's way to long for what I want it to do sad

I have a Lux that I got second hand as my main walking pushchair and was gradually coming round to the idea that I could justify getting a Versa later on and selling on the Lux since this would work out cheaper than buying the BJ carrycot as the Versa could potentially do both but from what I gather it's about the length of my friend's Graco tandem.

peanutMD Fri 04-Jan-13 11:01:10

Right I took a punt and ordered the Swift-fold so I shall update when I've had a play... Although won't have a baby for about 8 Weeks yet grin

I'm still not 100% convinced it'll be any good but considering the £128 price tag for the whole package its worth the risk as e had been looking at the seat on its own which costs £60 minimum so £68 for the rest isn't bad.

Tiggywunkle Fri 04-Jan-13 11:12:36

The Versa is longer than most open but nothing like a Graco tandem! It doesnt feel long when you have it either, and when its folded with the front wheels off its small for a pushchair. The box it comes in is smaller than a City Mini by a long way.

Enjoy the Swiftfold! I would like to hear how you find it. It does seem a real bargain!

peanutMD Fri 04-Jan-13 11:22:52

If I manage to test out a Versa and really don't like the Swift-fold I guess I could tell DP that I did try to save money but is just a false economy, then sell what I have and splurge grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now