Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

What's baby jogger city mini like in snow?

(8 Posts)
inhibernation Thu 06-Dec-12 21:58:26

Not a deal breaker but might help me in my decision making.

Tiggywunkle Sat 08-Dec-12 00:13:09

Not great. The GT should be better.

BieneMaja Wed 12-Dec-12 14:36:14

Terrible. The small front wheel just gets stuck. Better if you fix the front wheel but still not great.

TreeDecoratingAndPresents Wed 12-Dec-12 14:39:44

I found mine ok actually. Locked the front wheel, as Biene says. Used it quite a bit in the snow and ice as i was worried about falling over wearing the sling and squishing dd.

BahSaidPaschaHumbug Wed 12-Dec-12 14:42:51

You need big squishy wheels for snow really. BJCM is fine on icy/hard surfaces but not great on mud or snow.

vj32 Wed 12-Dec-12 20:32:33

I just got a BGCM GT and haven't used it in snow, but have used it over a frozen field with fairly long grass, and it was fine. I locked the front wheel and it seemed OK. If you are thinking of the BJCM I would get a GT.
We got this one, here within 24hrs, for just over £250 (with 5% off code) fab. http://www.preciouslittleone.com/product-information/22/22558/baby-jogger-city-mini-gt-single-stroller-(crimson-2012)/

inhibernation Fri 28-Dec-12 01:23:18

Thanks all smile I was considering the GT as well due to higher weight capacity

inhibernation Wed 02-Jan-13 14:36:43

Thanks for the tip vj32 :-) I just bought the same pushchair.
My dd has Cerebral Palsy & I narrowed it down to this or the MB Swift but that one is not suitable for older/taller children.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now