Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. To find out which pushchairs have won Mumsnet Best, read our lightweight stroller reviews. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

Advice on double buggies

(6 Posts)
Climbingpenguin Fri 30-Nov-12 20:59:52

DBro and DSIL are looking into doubles and currently thinking of getting a

Chicco Together Tandem Pushchair Syria. Anyone have anything to say about this. I'm assuming that low 200 pound is therefore their budget.

I have a phil and ted explorer and my experience of cheaper looking buggies from what I've seen locally is you get what you pay for. My thoughts were that it would be better to get something second hand (like a phil and teds) for the same money.

Other thoughts most welcome. They are not the kind of people to think about looking around more and doing loads of research (not a dig but that's just not how people in my hometown think) so if I can do it for them, then bonus.

TIA

Tiggywunkle Fri 30-Nov-12 22:25:00

To be fair, I would probably prefer the Chicco in many ways to a P&Ts! The only things to watch are how high the front seat is off the floor - if their eldest is near enough to "paddle" the Together with their feet then it simply wont work - because the eldest will need to move into the back sooner than really the baby needs to be in the front (small recline). The biggest downside seems to be that the Together has a huge long fold!!!! But it does freestand.

Tell them to have a look also at the Smyths Dimples Duo because its pretty good.

Climbingpenguin Sat 01-Dec-12 09:16:04

I will pass that on.

I do forgot that she lives in a flat town with largely accessible pavements whereas I have a fair few hills and pavements to lift it up to.

Ihateparties Sat 01-Dec-12 14:10:52

Dependent on how long they will need to use it and the size of the older child (or whether they will be bothered whether they fit under the hood of the lower seat) then the Dimples Duo is a really great option, especially for the money.

I think it's my favourite double for seating options, it's easy to push on the flat so sounds like their local area would work for it too. It is heavy (to lift, not push) and big folded, I never folded or lifted mine, it's not an in and out of the car option imo.

Pics or two here

milk Mon 03-Dec-12 15:20:16

Graco Trekko Duo Twin Pushchair in Black is £199.99

Ihateparties Mon 03-Dec-12 16:51:18

Was looking at the trekko duo yesterday, trying to figure out how you use it for a newborn. Suspect it might be a car seat job? :-s

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: