Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Joolz Day Earth Range

(5 Posts)
weeblueberry Mon 26-Nov-12 14:23:42

We went into our local pram centre yesterday and I admit I fell in love with the Joolz Day Earth in Elephant Grey. Absolutely lovely.

It was top of my top 3 (along with a Bugaboo Chameleon 3 and Uppababy Vista) but having got home and looked on Which, it only gets 59%. sad Because it's so new though I'm struggling to find alternative opinions and wondered if anyone else had one?

Tiggywunkle Mon 26-Nov-12 16:25:25

I have had a Joolz and I found it big and heavy. The basket I found was too low down for me and not a good size. But the seat is enormous and keeps on growing. I think if I had a house where I can walk straight out of the door with it, then I would have stuck with it. But we are very car based and didnt have the space to store it. I know a few MNers have Joolz and absolutely love them. One had the XL bag on. So mixed reviews really.

rogersmellyonthetelly Mon 26-Nov-12 18:40:13

Pros, big seat, nice push, high carrycot and seat position, car seat compatible, deals available to include accessories, looks lush. Not many of them around!
Cons
not cheap, on the heavy side, fold can be a bit stiff at first, basket is pointless, but there is an xl shopping basket available as an extra.
On the whole its a nice stylish pushchair, that does the job, but room for improvement with the weight and the basket design. If you want something to see you through to the end of your pushchair days, I wouldn't go for this, but if you are planning on using it while baby is small then moving onto a stroller for toddlerhood then it's not a bad choice. Big seat is great for a toddler, sadly, because of the height of the seat you will have to lift them in!

weeblueberry Tue 27-Nov-12 10:55:17

Thank you both! Really helpful information. I wish you could rent them out for a day before the baby comes to really have a good old play about with them. Trying to get a feel for them in the pram store isn't great when other people are waiting to play with them too?

But I appreciate both the pros and cons you guys have given. smile

Tiggywunkle Tue 27-Nov-12 13:22:45

No matter how many times I walk into a shop, different shops as well, I feel intimidated. I may put a pushchair up and down, and even give it a push around, but you really can not get the feel of a pushchair in a shop. The worst are quiet, shops where someone is watching you from the corner!!
I have bought pushchairs thinking they were great only to have missed that one glaringly obvious once home issue that just changes how useful the pushchair is to you.
There is absolutely nothing like being hands on, in normal life. Putting a pushchair in and out of your car; strapping a wriggly toddler on; putting a heavy car seat with a baby in it onto car seat adaptors etc etc.
As you say, even to have a day or few days to try a pushchair would be so useful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now