Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Lost and confused in the world of double buggies

(4 Posts)
saddlemac Wed 21-Nov-12 13:42:15

To cut a long story short I am madly trying to find the right double buggy for a tall 2 1/2 Year Old and and a newborn and am getting rather lost on various websites about which is actually best.

I am looking for a buggy that will:

* Fit a tall 2 1/2 year old and a newborn

* Is easy to get on and off buses without having to fold down because it's
too big.

*Is round about £200 mark ( though if right buggy was more pricey we might
try to get second hand).

*Is easily foldable to fit in a standard size car boot.

*Is easibly steerable around corners and off road.(We do alot of walking in
the countryside). We had a 3 wheeler single buggy that we loved.

Gosh it sounds like I'm asking for the earth! Anyone have any suggestions ideas. Thanks for your help.

Tiggywunkle Thu 22-Nov-12 00:19:04

Absolutely and honestly, I think your budget may be an issue because there is so little choice of double pushchairs. Plus adding in off road as an option immediately rules most out.
I would say to have a look second hand at a Britax B-Dual, a Baby Jogger City Classic, an Air Buggy Mimi, A TFK Twinner Twist Duo, an Out n About Nipper and a P&Ts Sport. Prices on Ebay etc but you can find some huge bargains if you watch and wait.
I am not sure all these will meet your requirements, but have a read about them and find out more.

saddlemac Thu 22-Nov-12 10:55:23

Thanks Tiggywunkle. All advise greatly appreciated x

CravingSunshine Thu 29-Nov-12 14:26:04

I went for the Baby Jogger City Select. Good features:
*Lots of space between seats so they can't 'poke' at each other (not a prob now with your newborn but maybe later on)
*Carrycot for newborn is handy as doubles up as a moses basket for indoors
*Can get on and off buses fine as it's single width ( I live in Greater London) although it takes up a lot of space so it's fine if you're the first buggy on but not so easy if you're second although you CAN do it with determination
*Very comfy to push - extended handles etc- but it IS heavy (DS is 14.5kg now and DD2 is 9kg)
*Brilliant shopping basket space
*tyres are gel-filled so doesn't puncture
* you can swap the seats around to face you or face outwards
*it has never broken down on me unlike Phil and Teds

Downsides:
It ain't £200 unless you get super lucky on eBay
It is heavy and steering isn't as easy as a 3-wheeler

Would you consider investing and looking to sell it on? They go for good money on eBay.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now