Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Best "chassis" to go with Maxicosi and buggy board

(9 Posts)
Chesterado Sat 03-Nov-12 15:42:43

Hi there - just found out we're expecting number two and already starting to think about buggy solutions! DD will by 3 when baby arrives and whilst we already have a phil and teds which should be good for walks from the house with the double seat, we need to use the car a lot more now so looking for a quick release pushchair frames/chassis that I could keep in the car and use with the maxicosi and a buggy board for quick trips into town.

Friends have suggested Quinny Buzz or Bugaboo Chameleon as good chassis, but interested in any other suggestions. Hoping to pick something up on ebay for a £100 as state of seat not too important but flexible for the right thing. Do need to be able to steer it one handed though!

Any advice much appreciated!

Tiggywunkle Sat 03-Nov-12 16:25:52

Does your P&Ts not take a car seat?

DreamySleepyBonfireNighty Sat 03-Nov-12 16:33:46

I have a Baby Jogger city mini gt, that I've taken the seat off to just use with the maxi cosi or carrycot for now. The chassis is light and easy to fold, although when you take the seat off there is no strap to pull the folding mechanism - I've tied a shoe lace between the levers to make it easy.

My 3yo Ds uses a buggy board with it too.

Not sure what they go for on ebay, but its a bloody brilliant buggy, and far better than my old Phil & Teds.

Chesterado Sat 03-Nov-12 23:22:25

Hi thanks for the suggestion dreamy will have a look at the baby jogger!

P and t does take car seat but it is really fiddly to attach and heavy to lift in and out of car for short trips!

5madthings Sat 03-Nov-12 23:25:46

i have a bugaboo frog and the maxi cosi fits on that and they do a buggy board, you should be able to get both fairly easily on ebay and the frog will be cheaper than the chameleon as its the older model, still just as good tho smile i used mine loads iwth the buggyboard, a friend has mine at the moment.

Diamond7 Sun 04-Nov-12 08:28:46

To be really annoying do remember car seats aren't good for babues and there time in them should be minimal. Fine to pop in a shop but otherwise they really aren't the best thing.

Have you thought of using a sling/carrier?

Sorry if offending but I see it so often and I'm not sure parents are aware that is it bad.

FreddieMercurysFrightfulBolero Sun 04-Nov-12 08:36:53

Babylo max is good, cheap and a maxi cosi fits it.

Chesterado Sun 04-Nov-12 18:16:12

Never heard of a Babylo so will look into that thank you!

Agree about too much time in car seats though, this is very much our nipping to the shops solution, the p and t will see the majority of the action!

Tiggywunkle Tue 06-Nov-12 22:48:33

I would buy a Baby Jogger City Mini 4 or a Quinny Zapp chassis.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now