Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Is it worth buying a footmuff for a 2yo?

(8 Posts)
Yika Fri 02-Nov-12 18:12:12

I lost my old footmuff when it fell in a lake with my lovely iCandy that it was on. That was last February. DD is now 25 months and I wonder, as winter approaches, whether I should buy a footmuff to see us through the next few months. Do toddlers get good use out of them or are they more for babies? (I now have a Britax b-agile BTW.)

outnumberedbymen Fri 02-Nov-12 19:59:22

I guess it depends on how often you use the pushchair and how long periods your dd is actually in it? Ds3 is 2.2 and our footmuff still gets used a lot. I do the pre-school run on foot and we go for lots of longish walks on weekends too.

Although ds3 certainly does lots of walking now, just for the pre-school run the footmuff is a must for us in the winter months.

P.S. how did your iCandy fall in a lake??

Tiggywunkle Fri 02-Nov-12 23:52:55

Again it depends on how much you use a pushchair. I have just bought a footmuff or few for my 2 year old....I have chosen ones to hopefully last and / or can have feet sticking out of the end!

Yika Sat 03-Nov-12 15:16:17

Right. Thanks ladies - I will go on Amazon and order one right now! (one of the ones you can undo at the bottom).

The pushchair fell in a lake due to a rather inexperienced friend who was pushing it (while I walked with DD) letting go of it on a grassy bank by the water to take a picture of a building!!

Romilly70 Sat 03-Nov-12 15:20:28

i hope your friend bought you a new pushchair!

Yika Sat 03-Nov-12 15:23:18

Unfortunately not... shall I ask him to get the footmuff? :D

outnumberedbymen Sat 03-Nov-12 18:43:30

shock he must be a very good friend if you forgave drowning your ICandy AND him not offering a replacement!

Wrt to footmuffs, have a look for Kaiser ones. They come in nice neutral colours and are sooo comfy. Whenever I see my dcs in it I get rather envious of them. They are very reasonably priced and are very generous in size. Ds2 still fitted in it last winter when he was 3, he might even still fit in it now. I think the model we have is the Kaiser Igloo one.

Yika Sun 04-Nov-12 09:00:46

It was bloody annoying. He doesn't have any money though. I bought a much cheaper replacement and I'm happy with it - it's probably more suitable for her needs now she's older.

I've just been on Amazon and have ordered a Kaiser iglu - thanks for your advice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now