Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

uppababy vista, bugaboo cameleon or quinny buzz? help!

(15 Posts)
SarahC1985 Fri 02-Nov-12 08:04:33

Hi all, I am 33 wks pregnant and need to sort out a pram asap! it has been driving me loco! I had originally ordered an uppababy vista because of the great ratings but have changed my mind now because of the sheer size of it! i am a meagre 5" and the pram is just huge. it is perfect for people of a taller stature but it just swamps me. I have no intention of having another baby close to this one so dont have use for the rumble seat. also, the price is just too much considering in USA they are getting it for a fraction of the price!

So, in my desperation, I changed my order to a quinny buzz, I dont love it but friends have recommended it and I got a great price, £440 for pran, carrycot and maxi cosi seat. however, as soon as I got home, I began googling it and found some awful reviews and then freaked out!

I have found a bugaboo cameleon 2nd hand, it is a year old and in warranty for £350, should I just bite the bullet and get that? I have always loved the cameleon but have been put off by price, but at this price it is a great deal and they seem to last pretty long. so, should I stick with a brand new buzz or go second hand and get a cameleon? please help!

Dordeydoo Fri 02-Nov-12 09:52:00

I'm a huge bugaboo fan so would go for 2 nd hand cam if I were you. They seem to last ages so it being a second hand one wont make too much difference if it's in good condition. Does the £350 include a carseat?

nahla321 Fri 02-Nov-12 09:57:54

I would go for the bugaboo if I were you, they are amazing quality and the after service is great as well if you ever need to use it. For £440 what you paid for the Quinny you could get a virtually new Bugaboo cam fully loaded with carseat footmuff parasol etc on eBay.

TeaandHobnobs Fri 02-Nov-12 10:00:34

A friend had the Quinny Buzz and has now ditched it in favour of the bugaboo, and wishes she'd just gone for the bugaboo in the first place!

SarahC1985 Fri 02-Nov-12 10:24:08

I have got her down to 325 and that is with foot muff and car seat adaptors, I'd rather buy a new car seat and have found a good deal on kiddicare for the maxi cosi. thanks guys, I am going to view it today and will update, very excited!

SarahC1985 Fri 02-Nov-12 14:27:17

I got the bugaboo for 300 and am well chuffed, it looks new, she gave me footmuff, raincovers and maxi cosi adaptors. It still had box and a years warranty left, hope I made the right choice!!

nahla321 Fri 02-Nov-12 17:02:52

I think you made a good choice smile What colour is it?

marmitericecakes Fri 02-Nov-12 17:19:32

Definitely the right choice. Sounds like you got a great deal too. I bought a second hand bugaboo and it's awesome. I'd choose it over any other buggy on the market.

SarahC1985 Fri 02-Nov-12 20:22:39

Its black and cream and in excellent condition. Thanks so much guys, sometimes you just need impartial advice. how old was your bugaboo marmite? did it last ok?

SandyChick Fri 02-Nov-12 20:24:18

Bugaboo every time. Mine is on its 2nd outing with ds2.

FirstTimeForEverything Fri 02-Nov-12 20:37:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FirstTimeForEverything Fri 02-Nov-12 20:49:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SarahC1985 Mon 05-Nov-12 12:38:26

Thanks guys! its funny how some people love quinny and some hate it! it must be the marmite of prams! If i had the money and was slightly taller I would have 100% stuck with the vista but the bugaboo is perfect for me and I love that u can change the colours so readily. eyeing up the petrol blue colour pack as we speak smile

gwenniebee Mon 05-Nov-12 12:41:17

I have the vista and am only 5'4" so no giant and it's brilliant. It hasn't struck me as any bigger than my friends' prams... confused

Where I bought mine it was a lot cheaper than the bugaboo... a lot cheaper...

SarahC1985 Mon 05-Nov-12 17:43:46

It def is alot cheaper than the bugaboo but I got it second hand, hence the saving!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now