Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

BJCMGT and 4 months old baby

(4 Posts)
Hpbp Thu 01-Nov-12 22:22:16

This might seem stupid but I have been told that I should not use a pushchair that faces away from the parent for a 4 months old baby. I must admit I never thought about that. Should I be really concerned ? I am thinking about getting the 2012 Baby Jogger Acity Mini GT.
TIA

Tiggywunkle Fri 02-Nov-12 00:34:48

No, dont be concerned. TBH most babies at that age will sleep through any outing for many more months. As long as you aren't walking all day, every day, and have time with your baby at home to play and talk, then I wouldn't worry one little bit! If you ever get into the realms of double pushchairs, parent facing is often the first ideal that has to go just to get something easy to push with two on board! I am sure my two haven't been scarred for life just because they are siblings and had to forward face.

Hpbp Fri 02-Nov-12 19:59:47

Thanks Tiggy for reassuring me. I was wondering if I had missed something regarding baby's safety. Do you think I should get a head hugger though ? She is 3 month old and holds her head quite steadily already, I will use the BJCMGT when she is 4 mo and mainly on London streets to start with.

Tiggywunkle Fri 02-Nov-12 23:51:56

She shouldn't be sat up just yet, so I wouldn't worry about a head hugger TBH whilst she is still laid flat. See how she is at 6 months when she is sat upright and make a decision then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now