Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Will I need a double buggy?

(7 Posts)
Maria101 Wed 31-Oct-12 15:48:07

I'm due to give birth next year two weeks before my daughter turns three. Any advice on buggies? At the moment I have a Maclaren which is great. Will I need a double buggy, as even now my daughter spends half the time we're out walking. I don't want to spend hundreds of pounds on a double buggy that she won't use when she's three and over. But equally, she'll need something, surely? Like if we're out for the day and she's tired. Any advice?

Dordeydoo Wed 31-Oct-12 18:38:01

Single and a buggy board would be fine

maillotjaune Wed 31-Oct-12 18:42:33

A buggy board and a sling might work.

Baby in buggy to start with them if big sister needs a rest later use the sling. It would work for a few months depending on size of baby and how strong your back is.

I had a double buggy but with an 18 month gap it was essential - stopped using it when DS1 was about 3.

bonzo77 Wed 31-Oct-12 19:49:38

I'm in a similar situation, DS will be 22 months when dc2 arrives. I've been lucky enough to be leant a tandem. Maybe you can borrow one too, hopefully it won't be needed for long.

Tiggywunkle Wed 31-Oct-12 21:27:25

Honestly...probably not unless you see any reason your DD needs to be in a pushchair eg safety, busy roads, walking miles, like browsing china shops etc! We used a double at times after the age of three but we could have managed with a single after the age of three. I can't stand buggy boards but a add on Toddler handle is working well for us!

Hevster Wed 31-Oct-12 22:12:02

I thought not (3 years and 3 days between my girls) but in reality I did need 1 and have only sold it now DD1 has started school. Loads of people will have a pop and say the older 1 should walk but i found that if I wanted to walk to nursery or town (3 mile round trip) then i needed it. I also found a double useful on holiday and when I was in a hurry. I tried a sling and a buggy board but i found a double buggy easier - perhaps its a personal choice - see how you get on and if you need 1 get 1 - can't beat a nipper 360 double!

hazeyjane Wed 31-Oct-12 22:16:58

Like Hevster, I used a double up until dd2 started school, she was 3 when I had ds.

It really depends on your child, your life and how much walking you do!

I got an out n about nipper 360 for £80 on ebay, it was great, very easy to push, comfortable for dd2 and ds.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now