Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Maclaren? Which one? Any good?

(9 Posts)
aimingtobeaperfectionist Wed 31-Oct-12 12:54:05

My DD is nearly 6 months and we go on holiday abroad soon. I need a lightweight buggy as my pushchair is way too big and bulky. I'd like it to last and be our 2nd pushchair or have at my parents as a spare. Any thoughts on maclarens? I'd love the quest in black/champagne but would that be the best one? Also if anyone knows where to get them cheap or a discount code I'd reeeeally appreciate it.
TIA

aimingtobeaperfectionist Wed 31-Oct-12 15:42:50

Anyone?

WaterBiscuit Wed 31-Oct-12 15:48:52

Hello. I had the same issue 2 months ago. I bought a cheap lightweight thing from Mothercare as I thought it was just for holidays and maybe would keep it in the car for shopping in town. It was shit and I took it back. Got a SilverCross thing instead and it was even more shit, really badly designed. Fought with Mothercare to exchange it, they finally agreed and I ended up with a Maclaren Techno XT. To be fair it isn't the lightest thing ever, nor was it particularly cheap, but now I use it all the time and have totally retired the Giganto-pram. Wish I'd gone for this in the first place. Personally think a really lightweight one is a bit of a waste of money, best just have one decent one. HTH

littleducks Wed 31-Oct-12 15:51:33

I have a maclaren technoe xt in the garage, waiting to see if I have another baby. I bought it in the sale 7 yrs ago when pg with dd, it was used for both her and then ds, it will last another child easily.

StrawberrytallCAKE Wed 31-Oct-12 15:57:29

My maclaren XLR is very good and long so it lasted until dd was 3 after coming out of the pram. I'm keeping it for when the next one needs it and it is still in almost perfect condition!

aimingtobeaperfectionist Wed 31-Oct-12 16:02:19

Would you all say a techno is better than a quest then?

HappyJoyful Wed 31-Oct-12 16:12:53

Was in exactly your situation last year, DD was a tad younger and we were going away. Was going to get techno until my sister (already had kids) pointed out it was a pointless waste of the difference in price and to go for the quest. The techno is bulkier and has more things to fart around with and you wont / don't need it at 6 months.
The quest reclines fully and personally we didn't look back.. she's been in it happily ever since then.
I ended up (the only thing I regret - however, it was in sale so couldn't knock it) going for it in red and hubby liked it which I've always been a tad unhappy with (the champagne / black would have been choice)
Check it out in Denim though...Having thought an odd choice at the time (my sister got it) I do think it looks good!
So no, techno not better than quest.

HappyJoyful Wed 31-Oct-12 16:14:23

You could try ebay? I think they last and wear well - recently got a friend a double one in great condition for £100.

catyloopylou Wed 31-Oct-12 16:38:17

We were also in a similar quandry when DS was nearly 1. We went for the techno xt as we were going away to sunny climes and I really liked the way the hood extends further down than most buggies, pretty much completely shielding DS from the sun. Also meant no more muslins stuck on buggy with clothes pegs as a makeshift sunshade!

We've used it everyday since and I wouldn't trade it for anything else.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now