Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Do iCandy prams get discounted in Jan sales?

(8 Posts)
ItsChurchy Sun 28-Oct-12 10:03:06

Good morning all,
We are due to have our first baby at the start of March and have just started researching prams, my partner has fallen for the iCandy strawberry and I'm wondering if we may be able to get a deal in the jan sales? Having never looked in the sales for baby stuff before I wondered if anyone knew if prams tended to be discounted or whether we just have to bite the bullet And pay full price?
Thanks for any help you can offer,
C

Brugmansia Sun 28-Oct-12 10:18:23

Don't know for definite but based on my recent experience of trying to get a strawberry I would expect very very very unlikely.

There's a serious supply problem with iCandies, particularly the strawberry. At the moment most places don't have any in stock and don't when they'll get any more. John Lewis recently gave an estimate to me of February at the earliest. I can't see any stockists having any excess stock they'd want to discount.

I finally managed to find one this week in Tommy's in Peckham and picked it up yesterday. It is lovely. W

Brugmansia Sun 28-Oct-12 10:19:52

Oops posted before I finished. we did manage to pick a carry cot up barely used on gumtree for less than half price though which has kept the total cost down.

HowlingOScara Sun 28-Oct-12 10:51:24

iCandy don't discount their products and carefully control their retailers so that they don't either.

I have a Strawberry and the retailer (a local independent) did give us about 10% discount on the whole package (pushchair, carry cot, flavour packs, car seat + adaptors) but they did say that was their gesture as iCandy don't permit them to offer discount.

There have been serious supply issues with the Strawberry so I'd advise ordering sooner rather than later if it is defintely the one you want (I love mine and can highly recommend it).

Ihateparties Sun 28-Oct-12 18:15:58

Agree with above, if you're sure it's the one order it NOW!

Brugmansia really glad you've got something, I know you haven't used it yet but are you optimistic?!

Brugmansia Sun 28-Oct-12 20:42:36

Very pleased with it and definitely think it's the right one. The friend who came to have a look the other week agreed it was good and texted me the other day to say she'd seen one on a London bus fitting easily. They had a Cruz in the shop, which I hadn't seen before, but apart from the pretty colour I wasn't impressed.

I'm relieved to have something sorted as it would have been frustrating to have decided it was the right one and then have to settle for something else.

Tiggywunkle Mon 29-Oct-12 21:25:32

I agree with the others. The only way you usually get a discount is by buying say a car seat with a pushchair. ICandy control stockists tightly and stock shortages don't mean they need to discount either!

mumAAAaaaaaaah Thu 01-Nov-12 15:00:42

We purchased through John Lewis and if you buy bundles (baby furniture, buggy, car seat etc) you can often negotiate a discount there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now